Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a trailing stop order to Strategy Builder Order Management Actions

Hello
    Is it possible to set a trailing stop order using the default Order Management Actions available with the strategy builder?
    The attached chart shows an example for two long positions L1 and L2.
    The exit for L1 would be expected when the current bar low becomes lower than the previous bar low, ie lower than the trailing stop order.
    L2 would remain active and it would exit later on, under a different condition.
    If currently this feature is not available, would it be possible to implement it in the Strategy Builder Actions?
    Thank you

Click image for larger version  Name:	Exit Long position by a trailing Stop - in this example the low of 1 bar ago.jpg Views:	0 Size:	405.5 KB ID:	1123770
    Last edited by guidoisot; 10-21-2020, 03:11 AM.

Hello guidoisot,

Thanks for your post.

My colleague Chelsea has created an example of a trailing stop (and a breakeven stop) that can be created using the strategy builder.

Please see forum post #2 in this link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...der#post806596
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      Interesting example, which however is going to become quite intricate (and probably also quite slow to process) when one wants to extend its logic to two contracts, for both longs and shorts, each contract having different exit conditions.
      I do not fully understand how the 1 bar ago condition is applied to the various order management actions of the Strategy Builder. I thought it was possible with such condition to set the current exit for the first of the two long contracts at the low of 1 bar ago, (to the high of one bar ago for a short position).

I am seeing now that the “old” thread you indicated has in the meantime got much longer than I was recalling. Also it has at the end a sample strategy for both longs and shorts. Thx.
      Last edited by guidoisot; 10-21-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:03 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post f.saeidi  
      Started by cre8able, 04-17-2024, 04:16 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby