Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Strategies in Bulk with Less Manual Overhead

Hi,
    I have a strategy that uses a proprietary indicator. The indicator works only when it's added to the chart from the GUI. Its plot values can then be read from inside the strategy by iterating over ChartControl.Indicators. Now, I run multiple instances of this strategy on dozens of instruments. It won't work if I directly enable it from the Strategies tab. So, what I do is open one tab per instrument, add the indicator, add the stratey and enable it. The last part of adding the strategy manually on each tab is becoming a hassle every time I restart NT. I was wondering if there is a better way to do it.
    Thanks for your help.
    CV

Hello chaitunt,

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you have found an unsupported way to gather the data and from the details it seems the indicator was not made with the intention of being used in a strategy. You can continue to use the way that you are but there would not be any suggestion for an easier approach here. The best way forward would be to fix the indicator so that it works correctly when called by a strategy. Strategies expect indicators to not rely on the Chart or UI so that it can be enabled from other tools like the control center or analyzer.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes