X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error cs0016

help please

Hello ismaelcorleone,

Unfortunately I can't see the entire error message. Can you please widen the Error column so all information is visible and post a new screenshot.

You can create screenshots using the Windows 10 Snipping Tool. Instructions can be found at the publicly available link below.
    Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

error CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\users\pc\documents\ninjatrader 8\tmp\de4001001ed24a25aef2aa66eb017726.dll -- 'Could not execute CVTRES.EXE.'
      I have gone to tmp and that file was not there and every time I clicked on ninjatrader to compile, the file was added to tmp and it created a new error with another file, in a loop

Comment

Did you import a new NinjaScript file before you started to experience this error? Or did you create a NinjaScript add-on yourself that generates this .dll file? If not, do you know what is responsible for creating the .dll file each time you compile?

Comment

I imported ninjascript files in the past but I already uninstalled ninjatrader and deleted all the ninjatrader folders and reinstalled and the problem continues

Comment

I don't experience this error after a complete uninstall/reinstall. Did you delete the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder when you completely uninstalled NinjaTrader? If not, please uninstall/reinstall once more and manually delete the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder.

If you did delete the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder, I suspect something else on your computer causes the creation of the .dll file each time you compile. Do you recall what add-ons you have implemented before experiencing this compiling error? Could it be the add-on is present on your computer outside the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder?

Comment

i delete all the indicators that were not in the ninjatrader folder and again deleted everything related to ninjatrader and reinstalled and the problem still

Comment

Hello ismaelcorleone,

Thank you for your reply.

With the compile errors that you are receiving, I believe it would be best to reset your bin folder and manually add back your 3rd party add-ons.
                Please follow the steps below
                • Completely shut down NinjaTrader before changing any files
                • Press either Windows key on your keyboard or magnifying glass in the taskbar
                • Open the File Explorer
                • Go to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Select 'bin'
                • Right-click on 'bin' and select 'Rename'
                • Close the File Explorer
                • Press either Windows key on your keyboard or magnifying glass in the taskbar and open the Control Center
                • Select 'Uninstall a program' and scroll for NinjaTrader 8
                • Select 'NinjaTrader 8' and then select 'Repair'
                • After the repair is complete open NinjaTrader
                Please let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

Comment

I just did it and it doesn't work, it is most likely a problem with my pc. can I import indicators from documents? If so, I hope you tell me how, thank you

Comment

Hello ismaelcorleone,

Thank you for your reply.

Although it is preferred that you have the original .zip file, you can import .cs files through the following instructions.
                    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicator. Copy the .CS File in this directory.
                    • Next, you will need to compile the indicator and check for errors.
                    Follow the instructions to compile the indicator. Note that you will not see your new indicator listed until after you compile your indicators. You will first need to select an existing indicator and compile these from there. This is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
                    • Open NinjaTrader
                    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
                    • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
                    • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
                    • If no errors appear, the import should be complete.
                    Please let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

Comment

I can't add indicators that way, I've been researching the cs0016 error in google but I don't understand anything

Comment

Hello ismaelcorleone,

I would like to schedule a remote session with you - I just need a few things from you before our remote session. Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email to [email protected]: 2799805 ATTN Tabor
                        • A time window where I can connect with you (please include a time zone). Our regular support hours are 8:30 am to 6 pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday. The latest time that can be scheduled is 5:30 ET.
                        • Shortly before our remote session, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.

If you are ready for the remote session now, open TeamViewer and send the ID and password that you see.

Please do not close out of TeamViewer until I connect.

I look forward to our support session.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Mizzouman1  
                        Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes