Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing files error

Hello.

I think I accidentally moved/ changed some Ninja related directories, and am now unable to get any of my code to compile. Two things are happening:
    1) All of the indicators show an error that must be resolved before compiling "The name 'indicator' does not exist in the current context." gimp review
    2) If i try to restore from a previous back-up file, I get an error (something like) "there are errors in custom strategies that need to be corrected"..
    Any ideas what I should do? Should I just reinstall Ninja and then load in my custom strategies/ indicators from backup?

Thanks much.
    Last edited by jeanne; 10-24-2020, 12:56 PM.

Hello jeanne,
    Try to use NT installer & repair, it will copy all necessary files / directories. If it works fine or you can open Ninja script editor to see the errors & resolve. Last option should a clean re-install, be sure to delete the "NinjaTrader 8" folder from your Documents.
    Hope it helps!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
      • Close all running applications.
      • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
      • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
      • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
      • Reboot your PC.
      • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
      Yes, afterward you can restore from a backup that contains the custom items.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Tim-c
      by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
      0 responses