PROBLEM WITH TICK REPLAY & SPY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROBLEM WITH TICK REPLAY & SPY

I use Gomi Indicators with SPY. Up until last week everything worked as it should.

Now when I bring up a SPY chart and have :tick replay" enabled, I only get 6 bars on the daily chart, and 7 days on the hourly.. This is without the indicator loaded. If I disable tick replay, I can see the Daily chart back 2+ years or what ever I want to see in the past.

I deleted the DAY, Minute & Tick folders in the db folder of Ninja Trader 8. I also did a Download of SPY going back 2+ years. The problem persists when Tick Replay is enabled. Don't understand why things worked well before, but not now.

Any suggestions?

TIA

D

Hello dmking,

We are not aware of anything that would have recently changed in this aspect.

I'd like to take a look at your log & trace files to see what might have caused this, could you please forward them to me?

The easiest way is to click on Help > Email Support.

Please add the following information to your email to ensure it can be associated with this forum post:

ATTN Manfred 2802283

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Manfred,

The file has been sent.

D

Comment

I'm not getting how NT8 uses Historical data when Tick Replay is enabled. I understand that the ability to download a lot of data is limited by DTN during the day, and that one needs to wait until after the Close to ge a large historical file. I down loaded 756 days of Historical SPY Daily and Minute Data into Ninja Trader after the market close last Friday for use with a Market Profile indicator. When I enabled Tick replay over the weekend the data was there

This morning however, I only see 5 days worth of data when Tick Replay is enabled. I can't figure out where the historical data went. If I turn Tick Replay off, the entire chart and historical data is populated. With tick replay only 7 days???????

Comment

Hello dmking,

I was not yet able to recreate this, and suspect it might be connected to the workspace you are using.

To test this further I'd like to ask you to send your workspace and chart data to us. I could then test loading this data while the market is closed tonight to see if I can recreate the same issue when it reopens tomorrow morning.

To send the workspace and chart data over, please click on Help > Email Support.

After expanding "Other files", please enable the "Chart data", "Database file" and "Workspace files and UI settings".

Last but not least, please add the following note to your submission to ensure we can associate it without delay:

ATTN Manfred 2802356

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi Manfred,

Just saw your post... Tried sending the files over, but each time I tried, NT8 locked up and I had to shut it down via Task Manager in Windows... I'll try again after market.

D

Comment

Hello dmking,

If you are not able to send the workspace through the platform you could also manually compress the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder and attach it to your email reply.

I look forward to your email!

Comment

Hi Manfred,
                The data was sent successfully. The main Workspace is SPY & ES.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                168 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sidlercom80  
                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred