• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders on Home PC and VPS

Hi Support
    I have a multi-broker NT8 licence and funded account. I have 2 questions:

Q 1: Right now I trade with NT8 on my PC with Kinetik.:
    Let's say I am filled on an order, with an ATM strategy, with predetermined protective stop and take profit.
    If I close down my PC, where do the orders reside? Will both the stop and the take profit remain active?

Q2:
    If I get 2 data subscriptions to Kinetik (one for my Trading PC and one for a VPS),
    Q2.A) can I have both NT8 open at the same time and have my live account open (the same Live account) on both my PC and the VPS, simultaneously?
    Q2.B) If I can only have access to one Live account at a time, can I switch between the two on my PC and the VPS, without having to close one platform down?

Thanks

Hello MarkTee,

Thank you for your post.

Q 1: Right now I trade with NT8 on my PC with Kinetik.: Let's say I am filled on an order, with an ATM strategy, with predetermined protective stop and take profit. If I close down my PC, where do the orders reside? Will both the stop and the take profit remain active?
    No. NinjaTrader must be running to manage your orders. The stop loss and profit target cannot be submitted when your order fills if NinjaTrader is not running or connected to the internet. NinjaTrader cannot manage your orders if your computer is off or sleep.

I have included some publicly available links to our help guide and to our forum to assist you further.

Click here for information on where orders reside

More information on Order States and their definitions can be found in our Help Guide:

Order State Definitions

"Q2: If I get 2 data subscriptions to Kinetik (one for my Trading PC and one for a VPS), Q2.A) can I have both NT8 open at the same time and have my live account open (the same Live account) on both my PC and the VPS, simultaneously?"
    No. You will only be able to login to your brokerage account in one trading platform at a time. This is a security feature of the account you are connecting to and is expected.

However, you could contact your broker for options to configure your account for multiple logins so that you can have a connection in both instances of NinjaTrader at the same time.

"Q2.B) If I can only have access to one Live account at a time, can I switch between the two on my PC and the VPS, without having to close one platform down?"
    Yes.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Q2:
      If I get 2 data subscriptions to Kinetik (one for my Trading PC and one for a VPS),
      Q2.A) can I have both NT8 open at the same time and have my live account open (the same Live account) on both my PC and the VPS, simultaneously?
      Q2.B) If I can only have access to one Live account at a time, can I switch between the two on my PC and the VPS, without having to close one platform down?
      Just to add to what Shawn wrote above.

If your Broker is NinjaTrader the monthly fee for a second (simultaneous) login works great and cost is reasonable. Just email or call them and ask about it.

HedgePlay

Comment

Thank you Shawn,

Just to clarify further on your: "No. NinjaTrader must be running to manage your orders. The stop loss and profit target cannot be submitted when your order fills if NinjaTrader is not running or connected to the internet. NinjaTrader cannot manage your orders if your computer is off or sleep."

(Bear with me, as it might be the way I use terms)
        My question is this:
        I have NT8 open and 1) my order has been filled and it has 2) a protective stop and 3) profit target in place.
        After that, I shut down my PC. Question: Will 2) and 3) stay active? Will my stop protect my position?

If not, I may need to use a VPS for alll my trades
        Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

When trading with a live account, where your orders reside would depend on the brokerage technology you are using:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-ninjatrader-7

Typically the Stop loss and Profit targets are stored on the exchange servers and you can shut down NinjaTrader and they will still exist on the servers. However, if you are running an ATM strategy that modifies these trades such as an Auto Trail function on the Stop loss, NinjaTrader would need to be connected in order for it to submit these updates to the orders, and would advise always leaving NinjaTrader open when running an ATM Strategy.

With Sim101 orders, since there is no real brokerage applied to simulated orders, NinjaTrader would need to be open to process such an order.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Marco, that makes it very clear

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM