Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace flexibility

Hello,
    I have a number of chart windows, with multiple tabs each, for a given symbol (ES), which I often want to display on Monitor 1.
    I have another set of chart windows, with multiple tabs each, for a different given symbol (CL), which I often want to display on Monitor 2.

Scenario 1:
    Sometimes I want to display just the Monitor 1 content. Sometimes just the Monitor 2 content. And sometimes both. I believe I would need 3 separate workspaces to accommodate this, but this is not great, because as I make updates to any given workspace, I will need to manually do the same in another workspace to keep them synchronized. Is there a better way to manage this scenario?

Scenario 2:
    Sometimes I want the Monitor 1 content to appear on Monitor 2 and/or vice versa. If each workspace's chart windows existed in a large container window, for example, it would be easy to drag Workspace 1 from Monitor 1 to Monitor 2, but I do not believe workspaces work like this in NT8, and I'm not aware that there's a quick and easy way to do this other than manually dragging each chart from Window 1 to Window 2 and re-laying out there. Similarly to Scenario 1, I could have multiple workspaces defined for my various desired permutations, but this has the same maintenance challenges as described above. What options do I have for best managing this scenario?

Thanks in advance,
    biegea

Hello biegea,

Thank you for your post.

For Scenario 1. In the workspaces menu, you can select "Save as" to duplicate a workspace. After selecting "Save as" you will need to enter a new name or select an existing workspace to overwrite for the duplicate workspace and click OK to make your updates to other workspace faster.

I have included a link to our help guide on managing workspaces.

Workspaces Menu

For Scenario 2. The only option would be to move each window individually as all windows in NinjaTrader behave as separate windows and cannot be merged.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      I have seen some forum posts from back in 2017 requesting this merge feature.
      SFT-1433.
      SFT-712

Where is this feature on the release roadmap?

Comment

Hello,

This feature request is still pending based on low user demand and other priorities by the development team. Feature requests are never guaranteed to be implemented, as we consider the user demand, impact on other features, and ease of implementation in doing so. However, all feature requests that are implemented are listed in each version's release notes, which can be found from the link below:
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jculp
        by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
        0 responses