Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OHLC bar width

Hi there,

Is there a way fix the bar width to a fixed value (i.e. 1 or 2) regardless of zoom level? If not, can this be added as a feature request?

Another point, the Open and Close marks on bars is barely visible when the bar width is set to 1. Can their size be increased a a bit?

Thanks

Hello aelagha,

I will forward the feature request to have a fixed bar width for OHLC bars regardless of zoom level as well as increased Open & Close marks when using a bar width of 1.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello aelagha,

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3261. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Hi!
        I support adding the fixed bar width function, and the ability to change the width of the Open & Close marks.
        Last edited by olchik; 12-31-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback on this item.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello torento,

I will forward your vote for SFT-3261.

I'm not able to reproduce this on my end. How do you determine it uses a Bar width of 2, while it shows a Bar width of 3? If you manually change it from 3 to 2 in this situation, does the bar width change? When I do this on my end, it changes the bar width.

Comment

If you manually change it from 3 to 2 in the situation you describe, does the bar width change? When I do this on my end, it changes the bar width. Visually it might seem the bar width does not change when zooming, but this is because the chart scale changes as well.

I'm not aware of such an add-on. I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created indicators from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party indicators (Trading Indicators) that offer the functionality you seek.
              Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find what you need, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer (Programmers) to create a custom indicator for you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

If the bar width changes when you manually change it from 3 to 2, it was set to 3 and not 2. If it was using 2 (and you change it from 3 to 2), the bar width would not change.

I have forwarded your vote.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses