Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 full of bugs

I started to use NT8.
    and I noted so much bugs compared to NT7.

first of all, "trade performance"
    it shows no the real trade done, a new trade with 150 usd profit, it shows 12.50 usd.

on chart, I enter buy order, 1 contract, and then I see my position open with 2 contracts.

then, when I open a position with "buy 3 contracts", then, I decide to close 1 contract, with "sell market", it shows me a separated position with his own stop loss.

no idea what is going on with NT8. but I think I go back to NT7.

Hello hellboy78,

As per the Trade Performance window, do the entry and exit prices (and order quantity) justify the profit of $12.50?

I can't reproduce this on my end. When I submit an order for a quantity of 1 in ChartTrader and it fills, it puts me in a position for 1 contract. Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Include at what time you submitted the buy order and for what instrument. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support. Enter 'Att Jason, 2806085' in the subject field.

In addition, please let me know at what time you closed 1 contract with a sell market order and for what instrument as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

email sent.
      in report, it shows me only qty 1, even if I opened 2 contracts at once.

Comment

trade performance is totally casual.
        it shows positions and profit never done by me.

Comment

some are missing, some are just created by system, not me.

Comment

Please note that the Trade Performance window has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions. There are many reasons why the Account Performance-tab can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
            • Partial fills
            • Missing executions
            • Duplicate executions
            • Holding overnight positions
            • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
            • Using another application or device to place an order may not record the execution within NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.
            Could it be you held positions overnight? So when you create a report for 1 day, it does not pair trades properly. For example, you had a open position on 22/10/2020 that was closed on 23/10/2020. This will cause the report for 23/10/2020 to start with a exit execution which will be paired with the first entry execution of 23/10/2020.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 10-28-2020, 01:17 AM.

Comment

there was not opening positions.

Comment

I went back to NT7.
                there is not issues. zero issues on report, zero issues on opening positions.
                I will stay on NT7 till I can

Comment

Hi hellboy78,
                  Very interesting, that NT7 is so much better. I might give it a shot.
                  Quite honestly, I don't understand why NT8 can be so "off".
                  These pairing, lost data connection and strategy disabling issues just drive me nuts.
                  Even if a strategy can go in one direction only, reporting assumes I'm positioned the other way round most of the time.
                  Impossible to rely on NT8 for unattended trading, particularly if strats shall be activated on early Monday and stopped on late Friday.
                  I strongly recommend to add a button in NT8 "Buy / Sell WITHOUT(!) ordering", so that users can at least manually sync the strategy back to REAL position.
                  We know that reporting can be off. The question is WHY is this not fixed?
                  NT-Roland

Comment

Hello NT-Roland,

I will forward the suggestion to add a function to manually synch an automated strategy that is already running.

NinjaTrader has no concept of trades, it pairs executions based on time of occurrence. I will forward the suggestion of NinjaTrader recognizing trades instead of pairing executions based on time of occurrence to business development as well.

Comment

Hello NT-Roland,

The internal tracking numbers for your feature requests are SFT-5120 and SFT-4587. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:SFT-5120 - add a function to manually synch an automated strategy that is already running
                      SFT-4587 - NinjaTrader recognizing trades instead of pairing executions based on time of occurrence

Comment

Hello Jason,
                        Thank you very much for the update. I hope business development realizes how much value these features would bring to the platform.
                        I will study the release notes ...
                        NT-Roland

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
                        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                        1 response