Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to OCO bracket order in range breakout

Hi all,

I have an ATM strategy set and I want to place two orders: one on the upper edge and one on the bottom edge of that range and I want use my pre-defined ATM strategy. I have chosen my ATM strategy, I right-click on the upper edge and choose "Buy Stop Market" and the first order is set. Now I right-click on the bottom edge and choose "Sell Stop Market" but Ninjatrader refuses that second order with the error message:

You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until any of its entry orders has been filled.

I then tried following: in ATM I did explicitly choose my ATM strategy but not the upper one which was already marked with the "lightning" symbol and indicated "active". By this I can put the second stop order on the bottom edge but --> whenever one order gets filled the other remains. My goal is that the second order automatically will be removed at the time the first order is filled. Simply said: One-cancels-other. It doesn't work however.

How can this be accomplished? any help appreciated.
    Patricia

EDIT: I think I've solved it I forgot to enable the OCO function before submitting the two orders. So the steps are:

1) enable OCO-order by either right-clicking into the trading window or using CTRL-Z hotkey. This will enable and light up the green OCO button.
    2) selecting the desired ATM1 strategy and then place the 1st order
    3) re-selecting the desired ATM1 (not the active one which is indicated by a lightning!) and then place the 2nd order
    4) deactivate OCO function again so the green OCO-button will disappear

Hope that's correct but it worked for me. Attached a few How-Tos related to this topic:

Learn how to use One-Cancels-Other or “OCO” orders. See how Advanced Trade Management incorporates OCO orders automatically and learn how to pair OCO orders ...

https://ninjatrader.com/blog/oco-why...-other-orders/
    Last edited by patricia70; 10-28-2020, 05:23 AM.

There isn't enough info posted on using ATMs during Bracket Orders. Thanks for posting this. I learned by trial and error and $$$$$ loss. Sometimes I wonder if Ninjatrader doesn't care if you lose your trading funds, they must have too many people paying commissions to them

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Thank you for the note.

Your edit on the note is correct! You have to remember to turn On the OCO order placement before placing the two orders. Then remember to turn it off.

It looks like you found it, but we have a publicly available video on our YouTube channel that goes over using Manual OCO Orders with ATM Strategies attached to each:As well, here is an additional video I created that goes over using OCO orders:
      As a note for pwmmmm, our support teams are always here to answer any questions and provide further information if you are ever having trouble with a setting or getting something done. If the videos and documentation that we have do not answer your specific questions, please reach out with those specific questions so we may provide further help and information.
      • The more specific and detailed you are with the question, the more specific and detailed we are able to be with our initial response.
      • If you have any additional questions please let us know what they are. If they are unrelated to this forum post, please put them in a new/related forum post instead.
      Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Instead of a BuyStopMarket order or a SellStopMarket, is it possible to set those pending OCO orders as Limit orders ?
        I've found a commercial add-on who does it but i'm wondering if it's possible to do it without paying.

Thank you !
        Nicolas

Comment

Hello Nikorrriko,

Thank you for the message.

Yes, you can use two limit orders with OCO as well.
          1. Turn on OCO
          2. Place your two limit orders
          3. Turn off OCO
          If that doesn't function as desired, then you could reach out to the 3rd party developer for more help and information on their add-on.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes