Order messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order messages

Is there a way to change the order messages? I would like my stops to say "stop filled" rather than "order filled"

Hello Option Whisperer,

Thanks for writing in.

Any sound file that is in the .wav format may be used. Simply select the sound file by going to Control Center >Tools > Options > General > Sounds. Here you may change the sounds file selected from 'Order filled' to 'Stop filled', which already exists in the Sounds folder.

Below is a link with more information:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Stop filled sound for stop filled is already selected but it says order filled instead.

Comment

You would need to change the sound selected for 'Order filled' if that is what you wish to change.

Comment

I want "order filled" to say order filled. That is what is selected for "order filled" and that is what it says. I want "stop filled" to say stop filled. That is what is selected, but it says "order filled" instead.

Comment

The platform can only discern that an order was meant to be used as a stop loss if the stop is submitted by an ATM strategy. If this is a manually submitted Stop Market order, the platform has no way of telling whether this is a stop loss or a stop used as an entry, therefore the sound selected for 'Order filled' will play.

Comment

ok that sucks but ok. Hey tip for you guys. Take a look at Tradovate. Their DOM is way superior to ninja. Matter o fact their entire platform is way better than Ninja. Just wish I wouldn't of pissed away the money for the lifetime license for Ninja.

Comment

Option Whisperer This seems to be a bug, I also experienced and still experiencing it although I use the latest NT8 version. Either I got wrong sound files played although shown correct in the setup menu, or I didn't get any sound at all played when triggered.I have found out by trial-and-error that you need to change the associated sound file to something else and then reassign it to suit your needs. Simply said, you need to change it. Then do a workspace save, quit NT8 and try again.

BTW: if you really looking for a competitive alternative then you need to look at MotiveWave and SierraChart.

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by patricia70; 10-29-2020, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks Patricia

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post junkone
                  by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM