Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignoring limit order levels when chart zoom not in [F]ixed scale

Hello everybody,

whenever I drag the right axis of a chart I'm in a fixed scale mode. This is indicated by the [F] button at the top of the right axis which will reset the fixed scale and put me back in dynamic scale mode. The dynamic scale mode is that one used by default. So far so good, but:

let's say I'm a swing trader and have put my stop-loss order or stop-loss AND take-profit far away from the actual price. The actual behaviour is that Ninjatrader8 takes care of those limit orders and whenever in default dynamic scale the chart bars are compressed and the view sucks. In order to gain back a good and usual view I need to left-mouse-click onto the right axis and scale out so I'll be in fixed scale again. Then I need to press and hold shift key while left-mouse-pressing the right axis and drag to the desired position so the actual price is about in the center of screen.

This really sucks in my opinion. I would like to have the dynamic view, but it should be able to tell Ninjatrader8 "Ignore limit orders while in dynamic auto scale mode". How can this be accomplished, did I miss anything? any help appreciated.

Thanks for listening.
    Patricia

Hello Patricia,

Can you please right click in ChartTrader and select Properties. Disable the Auto scale option and click OK. Subsequently the chart will not scale anymore to include active orders when using dynamic scale mode.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason. This worked like a charm, thank you for pointing out. I have a feauture request (if not available already, I'm not sure):

in the case as shown above in my example whenever the limit orders are out-of-screen, it would be nice to indicate this by maybe a dashed or dotted down-arrow at the bottom side of the y-axis. So the user immediately will at a glance recognize that there is at least one limit order below the actual view.

Here's an example screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	162
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1125287
      Attached Files

Comment

Good to hear it worked,

I will forward the suggestion to provide indications for active orders outside the visible chart display to development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

thanks a bunch.

Comment

Hello patricia70,

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5121. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Board game geek  
            Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
            1 response
            0 likes