Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to detect and remove orphaned data like old accounts

Hello all,

under account settings in NT8 I have removed two accounts of two old brokers I used. They are not visible. However, when I right-click into account or order tab and select "filter by accounts" I still see them. Also when modifying strategies or alerts where I can set up which account to use I still see them there.

How can I get rid of the orphans?

Hello patricia70,

The accounts that are appearing are stored within the NinjaTrder database and currently there is not an option to delete specific accounts from the database.

If you would like to start with a new database to remove all old accounts you can rename the database with the steps below however the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results.
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename"
    • Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Resetting my database is not an option as I don't want to lose my historical trades, saved backtest results, etc.

I don't understand how this 'bug' can happen because it happened twice with both my old accounts. Seems that Ninjatrader8 doesn't correctly remove the account from its database. It just removed it from the accounts list nothing more.

Is there really no fix for this bug?

Comment

Correct currently you can remove the account from the Accounts tab however this will not remove the historical information from the database therefore will continue to display in areas you mentioned.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for assistance Christopher.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion