Market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay

Why does it take forever to 'fast-forward' to a selected time during market replay.

If I load the date range and then select the time to start at US session start. It grays out the controls and then the charts 'fast-forward' to the time as inputted. This could take forever if there are multiple charts or indicators on the charts.

Hello WHICKED,

Thank you for your note.

Once you move the trend slider or set a 'go to' time and date, the replay will begin at the beginning of the day (9PM prior evening) and play though to your selected time as long as that may be . This is expected.

You will always want to ensure that you have the Market Replay data available to you before selecting dates in the replay controls. This can be done by right-clicking on the replay controls and selecting 'Show available data'.

Please also note the behavior when 'Playback current day only' is enabled in the right-click menu:

"Only the current day will be played back from Market Replay when dragging the slider between multiple days, for past days historical data would be loaded. Uncheck this if you want to ensure Market Replay data is played back for every day between the start point of the slider and the end point of the slider. This will be slower as NinjaTrader most process more data but is useful when you are back testing a strategy in playback."

Further detail can be found in the following help guide section:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?playback.htm

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I have the same complaint as WHICKED. It is incredibly slow. The only appropriate timer to use with market replay is a sun dial. I am a developer and if I were the author of this tool, I would be extremely embarrassed.

Happily, I am finding alternatives.

Comment

morrnel How? Could you share your alternative? My solution is to wait for 8.0.23.0.
        BTW, it's really indeed a shame and unethical if I were that author. Replay abuses people's time, the precious thing that we everyone should treasure. It gives you more troubles than helping you to solve a problem.

Comment

I am also using Tradovate, a JavaScript based tool. Runs on Windows, MacOS, iPhone, Android, and a bunch of browsers.

Comment

morrnel Thanks bro!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            168 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80  
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            3 responses