unable to adjust drawings with left click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to adjust drawings with left click

Brand new to N8 so a fresh latest install, but once I draw a line or an object I can't adjust it with left click or double click on the object. I tried looking for answer and I already have "Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" checked by default in chart properties menu, so I'm stuck. I can only remove the drawings from Drawing Objects menu but need to be able to manually adjust them, what am I missing here?

Hello Woodzy76,

Thank you for your post.

Please left click on the object to expose the anchor points of the object, then you can click and drag at the anchor points to modify or move the object.

Here is a video demonstrating how to modify a line object in a chart.

Here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with the initial configuration of the platform:
    Below, you will find links to some FREE publicly available resources to help you become a NinjaTrader power user:Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I know that I used to use N7. This is the problem, when I left click on the drawing no anchor points are displayed, it is like the drawing is locked.

Comment

Hello Woodzy76,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please record a short video demonstrating this behavior? You can use the publicly available https://www.screencast.com/ to quickly create a video.

We look forward to assisting you further.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ShawnB, I worked it out by looking at the Log and noticed the following error message:

Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x8899000B], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_NO_HARDWARE_DEVICE/NoHardwareDevice], Message: No hardware rendering device is available for this operation. '

This message occurred every time I opened a new chart and also whenever I moved or resized the chart.

I checked my Display drivers and noticed a problem with my Nvidia which I couldn't access since updating to Windows 10 from Win7.

So I downloaded the latest Nvidia software and now N8 works fine, the charts open without errors and I can adjust the drawings.

Glad I got the error now as it prompted me to sort out the Nvidia issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno