Can't install indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install indicators

I installed a copy of NT on a laptop from a backup I made from my desk computer before sending it to be repaired. Some indicators didn't make the restore to the laptop ,and I need to re-install them.
    When I went to do so, I got an error message stating that I couldn't install while I had compile errors.
    I opened the NT editor and hit "compile." I got 11 lines of orange errors--for each, the NinjaScript file was <None>. I don't need any of these indicators. I tried right-clicking and excluding from compilation, but that didn't work. I don't see how to delete, these error messages so I can install the new indicators.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Hello Stephen,
    It seems you might have some custom indicators (with dll files) in your backup. Removing them may not work as they are compiled assemblies so check if the compile errors you're getting refer to any dll file which may not be on your system now. You can try to install a clean copy of NT8 & be sure to rename your old "Documents\NinjaTrader 8" folder before you install a clean copy. Then you can copy your required data, indicators etc. Hope it helps!

Comment

Thanks for your help.
      If I did this the way you suggest, would I be able to copy a workspace and then delete the indicators on the charts which weren't working because they were custom? If I can't copy a whole workspace, could I copy a few templates?

Stephen

Comment

Yes, you would be able to do so. Generally you can copy your workspace and / or templates without any issues. Even if your chart template has some indicator which is now not on your system, that will not be loaded & F5 works fine. Sometimes few other indicators are also removed so I prefer going to indicator settings panel & add another indicator, hit OK. It works perfectly fine and after this is done you can always remove any other indicator you don't need & save your new template. Hope it helps!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Hasadafa  
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive