see margins on opened positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see margins on opened positions

while I have a position open, I don't see intraday margin into "accounts" lines.
    at the moment I don't know if margins increased or are still the same, they are not visible on my NT8

Hello hellboy78,

Thank you for your post.

Your connection provider determines if you are able to see margins within the Control Center. Please see the following help guide link below to see which providers allow you to see margins in the Control Center.

Accounts Tab - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...TheAccountsTab

If you have questions about margins, please contact your broker directly. If you are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you may contact them at brokeragesupport[AT]ninjatrader.com

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

interactivebrokers doesn't show margins on NT8
      even if here it say YES

Comment

Hello hellboy78,

Thank you for that information.

What version of Interactive Brokers Trader's Workstation (TWS) are you using?

What version of Interactive Brokers Gateway are you using?

You must have at least one of the following standalone Interactive Brokers API Software versions installed (browser versions are not supported)
        I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I use TWS 978.2h

Comment

Hello hellboy78,

Thank you for that information.

As each new version of TWS or the Gateway requires extensive testing on our end to ensure full compatibility, the last suggested versions are as follows.
            • TWS 978.2c
            • IB Gateway 978.2c
            Please uninstall the IB Gateway or TWS and install the supported one from the connection guide link below to test if this resolves the behavior you are seeing.Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

please note

Le migliori soluzioni di trading online per trader, investitori e consulenti. Accesso diretto e globale a titoli, opzioni, future, valute, obbligazioni e fondi. Trasparenza, commissioni e tassi di finanziamento contenuti, assistenza per garantire la migliore esecuzione degli ordini.

978.2h is newer compared to what you suggest, latest is 981.2b

so you suggesting to use an older version of TWS ? I will not do that. thanks

Comment

Hello hellboy78,

Thank you for your note.

We have seen others experiencing issues when using a TWS or IB Gateway version newer than 978.2c. When using the version mentioned in the Interactive Brokers connection guide, their issues were resolved. To ensure full compatibility with NinjaTrader, the TWS and IB Gateway versions listed in the Interactive Brokers connections guide link should be used.

Interactive Brokers Connection Guide -Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

so if I use a newer version there is also the risk that integration with nt8 is not full, orders or stop not sent to tws, ect?
                  this is not ideal
                  for NT, I always need to use new version, for TWS I have to use old one.
                  is a non-sense

Comment

Hello hellboy78,

Thank you for your note.

A newer version, while it might run without issues, is generally not suggested as each new version will change existing systems.

If this has not been thoroughly tested with NinjaTrader, the results are not always predictable.

While our development team will work with each new version and test it very thoroughly, implementing any changes that Interactive Brokers added to their platform will take time and testing on our end to guarantee 100% compatibility.

As such, you will always find the newest version that our development team lists as 100% functional in our Connection Guide.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

understood, I use my TWS for trading options, if I have to revert to old version I have to consider that.
                      looks like I did a mistake to take multibroker lifeltime license

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes