Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAY line not displaying

Hello,

I hava a 240Min and a 4range chart. I add a ray line on the 4H chart to mark a horizontal level, but the ray doesn't appear on the 4R chart.
    /second picture/

If I move a ray line to the right at some point it will be visible on the 4R.
    Can you please check it?

Best,
    Viktor

Attached Files

Hello Viktor,

Likely the anchor points of the Ray line are not in the visible display of the 4 Range chart, so it does not display. Instead of moving the Ray line, you could also compress the time axis. Click and hold your left mouse button below the time axis and move to the right until the Ray line is visible.

Please feel free to post any additional questions you may have.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      So if one of three anchor points is not in the visible range of the other charts the ray line will not display on that chart?
      What is the logic behind this?
      I mean it is a line, it should displayed on ever charts where the price value (the y axis) is in range of the line price value...

Also I tested it and it is not working that way as you described. I put a vertical line to see where are the anchors.
      On the GC_III pic you can see the anchors far left from the vertical line, but the dash-dot white line is visible on the 4R chart.
      If I move left the white line at some point it will not be visible on the 4R chart.

Please check it again.
      Best,
      Viktor

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, drawing objects can disappear if their anchor points are not in the visible display. There is no logic behind this - it's a limitation of our drawing objects.

Can you please double click the dash-dot white line to open its properties. Click 'Data' and you will see its anchor points. Could it be one of the anchor points is out of the visible display when you move the chart left?

When I test it on my end, the Ray line disappears when I scroll the chart left so the starting point of the Ray line is not in the visible display.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

No you are wrong, but I figured it out.

You can see the dash-dot line on any other chart if one of the anchor points' date are in the given charts data set. i had to load more days(60 instead of 30) and voila, the ray line are visible.
          It is logical now, if any chart's data set is not cointaining the price and time info of one of the anchor points of the ray line, can't display it.

Problem solved, thanks for the brainstorming

Best,
          Viktor

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM