Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Faster order entry on Chart Trader. Click Trader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster order entry on Chart Trader. Click Trader?

Hi,

I love trading with the Chart Trader, but adding orders can be a bit slow at times as you need multiple clicks and need to locate the right choice after the initial right click.

There's a solution for sale here:

Professional Deribit Binance Bitfinex Bitget Bybit OKX Bitcoin Ninjatrader 8 Addons

This lets you add orders just by clicking on the chart.

Is this tool the only way to accomplish this?

Or is it possible in some other way with Ninjatrader 8 as it is?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Hello Johnny,

There is no option to submit orders with one click in ChartTrader unless you submit market orders. They can be submitted by one click using the ChartTrader buttons in the upper right corner.

You could submit orders using hot keys. Please see the link below for more information.

In addition, the company you refer is not a NinjaTrader Vendor and is in violation of our terms of service. All items related to this website are not supported.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The best way I found out is using buttons + codded ATM strategy (allows you to auto change stop loss and profit target)
      Buttons here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...bar-buttons-2/

My entries are always 1 tick above or below previous closed bar, it's easy to code. I just click long and immediately have my entry order.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello Johnny,

There is no option to submit orders with one click in ChartTrader unless you submit market orders. They can be submitted by one click using the ChartTrader buttons in the upper right corner.

You could submit orders using hot keys. Please see the link below for more information.

In addition, the company you refer is not a NinjaTrader Vendor and is in violation of our terms of service. All items related to this website are not supported.
        I quickly checked out Hot Keys. Seems like I can set them up to add orders the way I suggested? Only for market orders? Or am I wrong?

What do you mean not a Ninjatrader Vendor? I'm aware it's a 3rd party solution. Are you saying there's official + non-official 3rd party vendors?

Comment

Originally posted by Leeroy_Jenkins View Post
          The best way I found out is using buttons + codded ATM strategy (allows you to auto change stop loss and profit target)

My entries are always 1 tick above or below previous closed bar, it's easy to code. I just click long and immediately have my entry order.
          Thanks, Leeroy.

Looks interesting. There was no description of that app, though. Specifically, what does clicking each of those buttons do?

One thing I could be happy with was to have 4 buttons:

1. Sell limit

2. Sell stop

3. Buy limit

4. Buy stop

If these were submitted say X points above/below market I could then quickly adjust them.

Comment

Hello Johnny,

You can configure custom orders with hot keys to submit other order types. Please see the link below.
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...#HowToCreateCu stomOrderActions

You can find supported 3rd party vendors on the NinjaTrader ecosystem website at the link below. The company referred in your initial post is not a supported 3rd party vendor.
            Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello Johnny,

You can configure custom orders with hot keys to submit other order types. Please see the link below.
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...#HowToCreateCu stomOrderActions

You can find supported 3rd party vendors on the NinjaTrader ecosystem website at the link below. The company referred in your initial post is not a supported 3rd party vendor.
              Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Thanks, Jason. I'll look into that then with regards to hot keys.

Would you happen to know of any 3rd party supported vendors who could have something for this purpose?
              Last edited by Johnny; 11-10-2020, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Sorry I don't know from the top of my head. There are many 3rd party vendors that we support. I searched the NinjaTrader ecosystem website for "one click order submission".
                Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

One of the results shows "Click Trader" which allows you to submit orders on a chart with a left mouse click in combination with Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeroy_Jenkins View Post

There is a @MIN, @MAX and CurrentOHL indicator in that file. How do I use the Long/Short buttons, any tutorial for it?

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Please select No when it asks you to replace the indicators as the .zip file contains older versions of these indicators.

Unfortunately there is no tutorial for it.

I assume you click the buttons in the upper right corner to get into a long or short position.

Comment

I always reply "No" to overwrite but the question is: after importing successfully this addon and then adding the indicator to a chart it does nothing. No buttons visible as shown in the screenshots.

Comment

Please note that you need to apply this add-on in the Strategies menu of charts and not the Indicator menu. Make sure to checkmark Enable for the add-on.

If you need any further assistance perhaps Leeroy Jenkins could assist as he mentioned this add-on in this forum thread.

Comment

I see. Now I get the button on the top right but clicking them in the Sim101 account does nothing. How can they be used and how can they be configured?
                          Leeroy_Jenkins

Comment

Originally posted by patricia70 View Post
                            I see. Now I get the button on the top right but clicking them in the Sim101 account does nothing. How can they be used and how can they be configured?
                            Leeroy_Jenkins
                            It uses some logic to enter. You should change code to your needs.

Comment

Oh ok. Nothing worth to investigate more time in, thanks however. I was curious and again disappointed to find out that simple stuff is missing in NT8 life-time license. You wanna have simple order techniques as discussed here and it's really annoying to experience that they are not by default in NT8. You always get the same reply: "look for an appropriate indicator in our filebase or contact a 3rd party developer ... bla bla bla"

Before changing to NinjaTrader I have worked with several brokers and trading platform and all of them had basic functionality that each trader expects to have. For example in Ninjatrader I cannot execute a simple order with customizable setup on-the-fly.

Example:

for any chosen instrument (eg ES) I wanna pre-define a stop-loss and take-profit when entering a market position, or a stop-market or stop-limit position. Whenever I want to enter a position either buy Buy/Sell Market or by Stop-Market those two stops are set as an OCO order. Ok, this is also possible in NT8 by using an ATM strategy which you need to setup to fixed values, but: in NT8 when you place a Stop-Order you cannot change the pre-defined take-profit and stope-loss limits on-the-fly while order is working and in chart.

In other platforms when you place the Stop or Limit Order you can view those LIMITS immediately visually on the chart. AND (!) you can drag them around while they are still effective. In NT8 you cannot do this. As soon as you put the order in your chart you only can drag around the stop-market or limit order itself, but not the take-profit and stop-loss limit. That really sucks!

This is a real-life scenario when trading range breakouts where you want quickly put the stop-market orders on the upper and bottom range line and where you wanna use different or just customized stop-loss and take-profit orders for each of them. And of course they are bracket orders (OCO). You place one stop-market OCO order on the upper line, this creates three orders (the stop-market for entering a position and its take-profit and stop-loss limits). Then you put another OCO order on the bottom range line, this also creates three additional orders. So you get 6 working/open orders at this time. The take-profits and stop-loss limits for each of them should be visually displayed in chart and be able to been drag around. Such simple things are available on all platform I used before, in NT8 there's no simple way to fulfull this.

If I'm wrong please correct me and shed some light into.
                              Last edited by patricia70; 11-10-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottW
                              by ScottW

Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes