Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Faster order entry on Chart Trader. Click Trader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello jmflukeiii,

Thanks for your input. Typically we scrub links to 3rd party vendors from posts to promote a healthy atmosphere with no advertising or spam. Its helpful to discuss a vendor product but if you have links to non-educational material such as product sites please consider sending these as a private message to the recipient.

As you are providing an experience and helpful information I will let your post slide, thanks again for your input.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for those links, jmflukeiii !

I may decide to purchase one of them. Thank you.

And let's hope Ninja seriously addresses this for the future and makes it faster to enter orders through the chart trader.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
        Hello jmflukeiii,

Thanks for your input. Typically we scrub links to 3rd party vendors from posts to promote a healthy atmosphere with no advertising or spam. Its helpful to discuss a vendor product but if you have links to non-educational material such as product sites please consider sending these as a private message to the recipient.

As you are providing an experience and helpful information I will let your post slide, thanks again for your input.
        Sorry! Didn’t mean to break the rules, won’t happen again-

Comment

Originally posted by jmflukeiii View Post

Sorry! Didn’t mean to break the rules, won’t happen again-
          Hello, sir,

Are you still happy with the Clicker add-on you bought?

I didn't buy anything yet, but want to do so soon.

Thank you.

Johnny

Comment

Bump.

Buying one of these tonight.

Does anyone know if ClickTrader still works? It seems so from the website, but saw some comment on another thread that suggested it may no longer work after an NT8 update.

Comment

Okay, so I went with jmflukeiii 's recommendation and bought the one from Volaty. I went with the cheapest and since it had the functionality I was looking for. Nothing more.

Haven't tried it with live trading, but I tried entering orders now and it works BEAUTIFULLY! I can tell already that this will improve my order entry and trading results significantly. Particularly when the market is moving fast.

Right clicking and finding the right order in a drop down menu is simply not efficient for live trading, so I wonder why Ninja don't want to solve and implement this as a standard feature.

Comment

Hello Johnny,

It has been requested a few times but there has not been enough demand vs. the feasibility and other tasks on the Development team's plate.

I have added a vote on your behalf the feature request ticket ID SFT-680. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

Feature Request Disclaimer.

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing. As such we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                  Hello Johnny,

It has been requested a few times but there has not been enough demand vs. the feasibility and other tasks on the Development team's plate.

I have added a vote on your behalf the feature request ticket ID SFT-680. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

Feature Request Disclaimer.

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing. As such we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                  Hi, Jim,

It's a HUGE improvement, though. HUGE!

Consider that order entry is one of the most basic and fundamental requirements for a trader. The way it's currently set up on Chart Trader is simply not a good solution for a short term trader. It takes too much time and in the heat of the moment it's easy to click the wrong order.

I now have solved this by buying the Volaty add-on, but I would much have preferred if it was a native feature with NT8.

Instead of adding new indicators which nobody really uses I would make this a top priority for the reasons stated above.

Best regards,

Johnny

Comment

Hello

Thanks for a great platform.

Having said that, I completely agree with Johnny. I bet that if you asked around in the community (that is, ask people that actually trade) you would find that this is a rudimentary trading functionality there is actually lots of demand for. I also agree with his comment about focusing on these sort of functionalities instead of new indicators which never makes anybody money.

Please add my vote to this.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello StockTrader88,

I've submitted your vote for SFT-680.

Thank you for your feedback.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click Trader is working just great.

No idea why it's not a native solution on NT8.

Ninjatrader:

Make sure the basics of your platform are EXCELLENT!

Basics include order entry. Fast and easy.

New and weird indicators that nobody uses are of zero VALUE to serious users of your platform.

Comment

Johnny and jmflukeiii Thank you so much for the support of our product Clicker!

NinjaTrader_Jim and NinjaTrader_ChelseaB ​​​​​​​has NinjaTrader thought about purchasing certain products from vendors instead of developing them in house?

Much faster development cycle, it is a win-win.

Comment

You're welcome, VolatyTrading. I'm a happy customer!

I can't imagine scalping or making quick order entries without this functionality. Using the standard NT way of placing orders the market moved away from me by the time I'm ready to submit an order.

Comment

Here in Brazil all the charting software have a way of sending orders using
                              a combination of SHIFT, ALT, CTRL and a click. I couldnt believe Ninjatrader
                              didnt have this functionality built in when I bought it.
                              For me it is like to have a car without the steering wheel.

Comment

[QUOTE=jmflukeiii;n1173784]My 2 cents. I have no idea why a faster order entry method isn't standard on the Ninjatrader chart; Sierra has the Chart DOM with single click entry and is fantastic.

Anyway, I have reviewed and tested the products below and compiling them here for future reference for others that want single click order entry submission from the chart itself:

1) https://www.volaty.com/products/indicators/clicker/ - This is the one I ultimately purchased. Why? Because it does the same thing as the others but is extremely cheap ($75 right now). I also like that it shows a preview of the order you are about to submit once you press the keyboard key (i.e. once I push Control or whatever key you assign, it will show the Ninja buy limit or buy stop order where the cursor is and then it will submit once I click). Foolproof, works great, and is cheap.

Yes would love to be able to code that - it's a really useful feature of their product.
                                I managed to develop my own version but it's not as slick or interestingly as fast as theirs and for $79 a steal.
                                I am actually trialing it and it's very slick.

Please add my plus one for this feature or as Volaty say - why not just do a deal with them and purchase it??

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ScottW
                                by ScottW

Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DJ888
                                by DJ888

Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sonia0101  
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Today, 03:58 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cmtjoancolmenero