Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Faster order entry on Chart Trader. Click Trader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mindset,

Thanks for your note.

There are currently no options available that allow single click orders/order modification for Chart Trader.

We are currently tracking interest for this feature in an internal ticket and I have added your vote.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3717. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
    Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon
      I have been a user for over 10+ years.
      I have looked at MT5 and it is so superior in almost every way. A lot of my trading buddies are now moving over because of the lack of development in key areas for NT.
      It's really time NT took a good long look at where it's headed.
      I appreciate c# is probably not the greatest but it has the biggest advantage of being relatively easy to learn and there is an enormous
      backlog of indicators, strategies, etc.
      However the fact remains that there is a ton of time devoted to improving NT but almost none of it in the last 10 years goes toward order entry.
      And as stated above it's FUNDAMENTAL.

I have coded dozens of utilities - in fact NT converted my code for a Bar timer from NT 7 when they developed NT8; but trying to code entries / exits is fearsomely difficult. I am not a coder - more an intermediate programmer that knows where to find most of the solutions.
      Every time you solve a problem up pops another. And then it works in simulated feed and behaves differently in real time because i guess some situations simply can't be simulated.
      Devoting dozens of hours to coding is not really what I want to do anymore.
      Hence I spent $75 to get an indicator that simply places a buy and sell order flawlessly. Something my code does 95% of the time, which is not good enough in real time trading.

I really don't care if you design another fractal indicator or squiglly line but i do care passioinately that you make entering an order literally one click.

Ok venting over - hope NT view this constructively.

Comment

Hello Mindset,

Thanks for your note.

Your note has been added to the internal feature request ticket.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
        • Feasibility
        • Developer bandwidth
        • Current projects in the queue
        • Economics
        You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

One the reasons such a crucial function does not get developed or taken seriously by the Ninja Trader development team is that the customer service reps have created multiple feature request cases for basically the same function. Just scrolling through all the messages in this thread, I see that message Article has case SFT-3717 and message Welcome has SFT-680.

Instead of kicking the can down the road, can the Ninja development team please start working on this one click + keyboard button to enter limit orders functionality?

Comment

Hello oldporkchops,

Thanks for your note.

SFT-3717 is a feature request to implement single click orders/order modification for Chart Trader the same as can be used in the SuperDOM.

SFT-680 is a feature request to provide one-click order functionality for Limit, Stop Limit, and Stop Market orders in Chart Trader using a left-click + key press (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) functionality.

These feature requests are being tracked as linked feature requests.

Comment

Please add me to the list of users interested in this single click orders on charts feature request (or key press+click)

Comment

Hello alwaysgreenergrass,

Thanks for your post.

Your vote has been added to the feature request.

Let me know if you have further questions on this.

Comment

Also add me to the list of users interested in this single click orders on charts feature request (or key press+ left mouse click)

Comment

Hello satmatw,

Thanks for your post.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

Thanks for choosing NinjaTrader!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                      Hello oldporkchops,

Thanks for your note.

SFT-3717 is a feature request to implement single click orders/order modification for Chart Trader the same as can be used in the SuperDOM.

SFT-680 is a feature request to provide one-click order functionality for Limit, Stop Limit, and Stop Market orders in Chart Trader using a left-click + key press (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) functionality.

These feature requests are being tracked as linked feature requests.

Hello BrandonH, please also add my vote to the feature request of the one-click order entry for the chart trader.

Comment

Hello Danielinja,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

When/if the feature request is implemented it will be noted on the Release Notes section of the NinjaTrader Help Guide.

Comment

NinjaTrader_BrandonH Toss a vote in the bucket for me on this one as well.

I'd also agree with VolatyTrading to just go the way of the Borg, buy Clicker from them, and assimilate it. It really does look to be the best. It would be a most beneficial technical disctintiveness to add to the collective!

I was watching VolatyTrading over Black Friday and the holidays hoping for a sale on Clicker... no such luck.

Perhaps on my next Apex payout I'll just have to bite the bullet and grab it from them. We'll probably see Mr. Fusion sold in Home Depot before we'll see this from Ninja!
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 03-25-2024, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Hello GrumpyDude,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added a vote to this feature request for you.

Further, I have removed the third-party links from your forum thread post as these are not allowed on the NinjaTrader Forums.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                            12 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                            Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes