Collapse

$15.08 erroneous commissions every day can't figure out how to get rid of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$15.08 erroneous commissions every day can't figure out how to get rid of it

I have been a long user of Ninja, first the free version for research only, then I opened an account with Ninja and traded the free live version, then I bought a lifetime license

During that time, I have opened and re-papered a Dorman account three times, because I trade when I see the market in an interesting state, and don't trade when I don't. Because Dorman is so archaic, and only allows money transfer by check or bank wire, as if it were 1984, the account has had the same account number, but has been re-papered 3 times. You'd think Dorman or NinjaTrader would avoid forcing their clients through such redundant paperwork by facilitating ACH transfer, but since Dorman's statements look like something out of a 1975 teletype machine, I guess ACH transfer is something NinjaTrader brokerage customers will be waiting a long time to enjoy.

The computer my installation is on is no more than four years old, so the installation of Ninja probably dates from that time.. I have fully updated NinjaTrader and DotNet, and Window and everything should be just fine, but I keep getting this Phantom $15.08 in commissions that gets applied everyday, and completely screws up all of the trade accounting functionality Ninja.

In an attempt to get rid of this erroneous $15.08 commission charges, I inspected the commissions template under Tools>>Commissions for the only instrument I'm trading till I get this issue sorted out, MES and find it set to .46. I deleted every trade execution except 11/10, and have searched as far back as 1/1/2000 to make sure there weren't any old trades Ninja could be referencing to come up with the erroneous commissions.... I assure you there are no trades, except those made 11/10 with a commission template of .46 for MES which is the only instrument traded.

Last edited by Crassius; 11-11-2020, 12:13 AM.

Since this last post, 12 mid nite has come and gone, no trades have been made, and now Ninja shows $27.96 erroneous commissions... I guess the $12.88 commissions that are accurate are rolled into that 27.96, but where is that coming from?

The Dorman statement, pathetic as it is, shows the exact same balance as the Ninja software, and the profit as reported by Dorman is correct, as is the total balance but where is the $27.96 in commissions coming from?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Have you restarted NinjaTrader since the commissions were applied?

Is your account from the Control Center's Accounts Tab> rick click> Edit account using the correct commissions' template?

I look forward to your reply.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, it is set to NinjaTrader Lifetime

Comment

And yes, I have restarted Ninja... If I look at the executions tab for yesterday, the only day that has any trades at this point, because I have deleted all other executions while trying to diagnose this... the commissions are being accounted for correctly.

I restarted Ninja yesterday after deleting all trades except yesterday's after rollover... at that time about 7PM eastern, The trades showed with the correct commissions in the executions tab, but the total commission charged on the accounts tab showed the correct $12.88 commission PLUS $15.08.

At 12:30- AM Eastern last night, which s a different trading day I now realize.(Trading Hours mismatch?).. the executions tab was still showing my trades executed Tuesday, with $12.88 commission, plus the phantom $15.08 for a total commission charge of $27.96.

This morning at 7:30 a started Ninja, the executions are gone from their tab, which is what I expect as its a new day, and the total commissions on the account tab once again reads $15.08, but there have been zero trades today.

This is the pattern... it starts a new day with $15.08 commission charged, and then adds the commissions properly from the commissions template through the day, adding their total to the total commissions on the account tab.

This is the accounts tab now, new day, no trades made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	No Trades 15 Commission.png
Views:	234
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1127100
          Last edited by Crassius; 11-11-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2828973 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
            Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes