Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 db cache is filling up my hard drive

Dear all,

After a year of using NT8, I found that my computer was flashing me error warnings that my hard drive was near full. After some Windows diagnostics, I found that the folder NinjaTrader 8/db/cache had grown to 92GB!

This can't be right - after a year using Tradestation, for example, that programme stayed at a consistent 2GB. I have temporarily copied the entire contents of the db cache folder to an external drive until I can determine what is happening. I think that every time a chart is loaded, the data is downloaded to this folder, and as someone who has looked at 10 yr + charts and volumetric/market profile charts quite often this year, I could see how the cache has grown that quickly. Can someone advise (a) can the contents of this folder be deleted and (b) how do we configure the programme to flush that cache? Is this something we should be doing manually?

I don't generally use the Historical Data function but I did have tick replay enabled for a while, if that sheds light on the issue.

Hello rustyspring,

Thank you for your post.

Yes. The contents of the cache, minute, tick, and day folders can be deleted. The platform will not delete data automatically. Users can delete from the mentioned folders at any time.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Gerik
    by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    2 responses