Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 Chart Trader order customization

Hello everyone! My name is Michael.

Does anyone can help me with NT8 chart trader customization?

As you can see on the attached screenshot, if you execute multiple entries, they all combine into one "Stop" and one "Target" order. As far as I know, we are able to separate these orders as shown on screenshot (increase or decrease price for them), or set up splitted stops and targets via Chart Trader strategy menu prior to submitting the order.
    But what I'm interested at, is if there was a way to swipe target price, that you can see on the screenshot, with price of entrance, for each separate order. Honestly I don't see logic of duplicating that information in pop-out menu, if target is known anyway when we place exit order in desirable price level. But it would be very helpful to know entrance price of each separate order, as then I would have better ways to manage them. For example, keep the one, opened sooner, but close the one that was placed by mistake, etc.

Thank You

Hello mkaniuk,

Thank you for your post.

This is due to the setting of the 'ATM strategy selection mode'. After your first trade, the ATM menu may display a lightning icon, which means that the active ATM is selected and orders when scaling in will be merged with the existing ATM orders.

You will need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order to resolve.

You can also set 'ATM Strategy selection mode' to 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission'. That way, you do not need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order. After you submitted your first entry order, 'the 'ATM Strategy' drop down menu will automatically keep your initial ATM strategy selected - it does not turn to '* Active ATM Strategy # - name'.

Please right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Properties' to configure the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' setting. More information can be found at the link below.
    ATM Strategy Selection Mode

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn B.
      Tank You for your reply. That feature is really helpful. But it doesn't quite solve the problem. As sometimes I need to merge two orders together, and sometimes I'd like to split them. But what I really need to know - is the entrance price, related to each order displayed on the chart (meaning Stop and Target orders). As, for example, if I would use 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy" Template on Order Submission, and after filling couple orders like that during strong trend move in couple days, I will newer be able to recognize which Target or Stop order related to my first entrance, second or third, therefore it is harder to manage the trade.

Comment

Hello,

For the sim account, FIFO will be used by default when possible to calculate average position price. For live accounts, this will be determined by your broker. If you would like to change how your broker reports the average position price as you scale out of a position, you would need to contact them to see if this can be changed on their end.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
          Hello,

For the sim account, FIFO will be used by default when possible to calculate average position price. For live accounts, this will be determined by your broker. If you would like to change how your broker reports the average position price as you scale out of a position, you would need to contact them to see if this can be changed on their end.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
          Ok, understood.
          Thank You very much for your help Ryan!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jon17
          by Jon17