Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order rejected - reason:Exchange is closed

Hello,

I was trading Forex last thurs evening and chart trader wouldn;t let me close my position. I kept getting the notice "Order rejected - reason:Exchange is closed". I use IB as my broker and Forex markets are 24/5 so the exchange was very much open. I ended up having to disconnect IB from NT8 and logging into my IB account directly to close out the trade. The instrument settings has the broker set as default.

Can you advise what might be causing this error?

Thanks
    Last edited by b16_aln; 11-15-2020, 09:49 AM.

Hello b16_aln,

Thank you for your note.

Please send us your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2835329 ATTN Zachary

I look forward to assisting you with this item.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,

I don;t have these, can you please explain what the possible causes of such are error could be.

Thanks

Comment

Hello b16_aln,

Thank you for your reply.

I would prefer not to speculate and would rather gather more information to understand what actually occurred, including your log and trace files. All users of NinjaTrader have log and trace files, and they will provide an accurate picture of what was occurring within the platform at that time. In the message that you send with the log and trace files, please also answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
        • What release of TWS are you using?
        • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-20, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
        • At what time of day did this error occur (please include time zone)?
        • What date did this occur? Has it occurred since?

Comment

I have cleared out my log and trace files. Please advise what would cause this tyoe of situation to arise, I can work out the rest.

Comment

Hello b16_aln,

These rejections are generally native messages that come directly from the exchange. Without all of the information that I requested, I would not be able to diagnose or further investigate the issue.

Comment

why would my version of ninjatrader or TWS make a difference to you? Are you saying this was a known error that was fixed in the latest updates?

Under what circumstances would that native message come directly from the exchange when the exchange was in fact open? What NT8 settings could cause this because it was an NT8 issue not IB.

Comment

Hello b16_aln,

1. That is not what I am saying. I've asked for your version of TWS and NinjaTrader because there is a specific version of TWS/IB Gateway (978.2c) that must be used with NinjaTrader. Additionally, we do not support older releases of NinjaTrader than the most current release (8.0.22.2). Without using the supported version, we cannot guarantee that the connection would work as expected.

2. As I've mentioned, I wouldn't be able to speculate on this. If you can provide me with the information that I've requested, I would be happy to look further into the issue. Unless explicitly instructed to by our Platform Support team, I wouldn't recommend deleting your log and trace files. Deleting these files makes troubleshooting issues significantly more of a challenge because we do not have the diagnostic information that we'd require to provide a fact-based explanation or solution.

Comment

Please escalate to your senior, your being evasive.

I would like your senior to explain under what circumstances would I see "Order rejected - reason:Exchange is closed" when my broker is open.
                  Last edited by b16_aln; 11-16-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Hello b16_aln,

As you've requested, I will have my Team Lead follow up with you as soon as they are available.

Comment

Hello b16_aln,

Thank you for your patience.

My name is Heath and I am a Platform Support Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I'm here to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.

I've reviewed this request with Zach, as he mentioned these rejections are generally native messages that come directly from the exchange. Without all of the information that he requested, we would not be able to diagnose or further investigate the issue.

We would not be able to speculate on the cause of this specific message without more information from you. Unfortunately if this files have been deleted we would not be able to investigate this issue further.

Your version of TWS you have installed and the version of NinjaTrader that you have installed matter, as only a specific version of the TWS application is supported with specific versions of NinjaTrader.
                      • If you're using NinjaTrader the only supported version of TWS is Traders Workstation (TWS) version 978.2c. Using NinjaTrader 8 with any other version of the TWS platform will result in unexpected behavior as these versions are not supported.

I would recommend removing the current version of TWS and following the link below to install the correct version. For your reference, the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
                      • http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php
                      Please let me know if you need additional assistance.
                      Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Heath, please escalate to your senior, you're being evasive. Either you don;t know the circumstances that the rejection error occurs or you are deliberately not willing to share it.

Comment

I am the Senior Manager of Platform Customer Service.

This error potentially indicates that the exchange is indeed closed, or your connection quality is very poor. Without more information from your broker or from your NinjaTrader diagnostic files, we cannot make any accurate diagnosis.

The lack of specific information from your end is why my colleagues are providing general responses and asking for your files - we pride ourselves on being accurate with our diagnosis especially in a public location and it is impossible for us to be accurate given your specific circumstances.

As my colleagues suggested, moving forward please do not delete your NinjaTrader files.
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 11-16-2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Ok, my connection is not poor and the exchange was open. Please give examples of issues within nt8 that may cause this error when the connection is not poor and the exchange is open.

Comment

You're leading us down a path of speculation that we will not follow you down. It would be irresponsible to do so. We need more specific information from your NinjaTrader in order to accurately diagnose how/why this occurred.

NinjaTrader 8 does not cause the error you're reporting, so I cannot answer your question. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio and reports the messages it received through the connected provider. The error came from your provider. We've provided as much information as possible with the limited information available.

We're very much interested in giving you the answers you seek. We could answer all of your questions much more accurately if we had access to your NinjaTrader diagnostic files which record very specific information, but unfortunately, you've deleted those diagnostic files.

If this symptom occurs again, I suggest that you contact us with your log/trace files so we may investigate further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920