Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

displaying potential win/loss as currency at take-profit and stop-loss limit orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

displaying potential win/loss as currency at take-profit and stop-loss limit orders

Hello all,

I'd like to have displayed the potential win or loss as a currency value ($ or €) at the set limit orders (take-profit and stop-loss). In SuperDOM you get this displayed very nice, but I miss it in the classic chart trader. I have made a screenshot of what I like to have it look like, see following example.

On the left you see the SuperDOM window with PnL column enabled.
    On the right area of the screenshot you see the take-profit (green line) at the upper area because I have a long position open here in FGBL. At the bottom area you see the red stop-loss line. I have entered the potential currency win/loss values right under the stop line boxes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_62799.png
Views:	2409
Size:	937.5 KB
ID:	1127731

It would be awesome to have this displayed at the stop limit lines. I do not mean the already existing option "display PnL as currency" for chart trader, that's something different.

I really miss this feauture which I was used to have in former trading desks. How can we get this? Hopefully it's already integraded in NT8 and just needs to get enabled somehow instead of "I have submitted your idea as feature request, which ... " will be completed somewhere in year 2039 ... :-D

Thanks in advance
    Patricia.
    Last edited by patricia70; 11-16-2020, 05:52 AM.

Hello patricia70,

Unfortunately what you have described is not currently available with the Chart Trader feature of NinjaTrader.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

oh dear, I see. My suspicion of a bad buy is getting stronger and stronger. It's my own fault, I should have tested it before I decided to buy the lifetime license. But thanks for the prompt answer and have a nice day.

Comment

Hi Patricia, did you find a workaround or an alternative to this?

Comment

unfortunately not, this is really sad.

Comment

That's a bummer, Thanks!

Comment

It has been a year since this request was mentioned for potential win/loss as currency at take-profit and stop-loss limit orders.

Has Ninjatrader developed this yet? if not, then why not, This would be great to know how much money would I will be risking if i place my stop at a certain area.
              The idea of putting it on the DOM is Guinness. What is holding Ninjatrader back from integrating this request into their new builds?
              thanks

Bryan G.

Comment

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                • Feasibility
                • Developer bandwidth
                • Current projects in the queue
                • Economics
                You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Keep in mind this is possible with custom programming and if you are a programmer I suggest reaching out to our NinjaScript Support Team for additional information if you would like to accomplish this project.

Comment

I am checking back in to see if any plans have been made to develop a potential Win/loss indicator within the chart trader so we could see not just how many ticks as a target but how much the $$ amount that is risk to gain a potential $$ amount target?

Comment

Unfortunately this feature has not been added to Chart Trader as of yet.

Comment

Bryangen01,

Did you find an alternative/add on for your request? I also want this as well. TradingView has it by default and is super handy. I wish NinjaTrader would add this simple feature so the users don't have to pay 3rd party developers just to get common feature on other platforms.

NinjaTrader Support.... Please add this feature!

Lloyd

Comment

Hi any update on this yet? Are there ninja trader scripts available to do this ? Looking for a cheap option ?

Comment

Hello anupkroy,

Thank you for your post!

Please keep in mind this is possible with custom programming and if you are a programmer I suggest reaching out to our NinjaScript Support Team for additional information if you would like to accomplish this project.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please contact vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com for a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.​

Let us know if we may assist further.
                          Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For @patricia70​, @VLCTrades​, @Bryangen01, @lloydjacobson​, @anupkroy​​

Greetings!!

i was looking for the same feature and saw that post, then went further and found this addon in another NT8 forum page.
                            Hope it will help

I'd like to know if it would be possible to update the Active Trade markers on the Chart Trader to show the PnL that would occur (based on current entry point and position size) at those points. I've attached a mockup to show what I mean. Here's the functionality I'd be after more specifically (forgive me for not knowing

Comment

Thank you very much GBP_PAT. That serves my purpose a little bit. It not perfect as it doesn't update as I buy more contracts.I will try to manage with it.

Thank you Kennedy. I understand the product prioritization and resource allocation but I struggle as how does such an important feature ranks low on the priority list. May be global voting ( with good visibility) of users can help. I m sure there are way to suggest features to NT but no one takes so much pain to follow up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick