Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Am I correct that NT C# does NOT implement Websockets (for reading streaming prices)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I correct that NT C# does NOT implement Websockets (for reading streaming prices)?

I've come across this C# library implementing websockets, it seems to be included in ".NET Framework" which is what NT uses. Anyone know if I would be able to utilitise this external library from Ninja?

A concrete implementation of the .Net Standard 2.0 System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocket abstract class Can target .NET 4.5 (or above) or .NET Standard 2.0 (or above) Works on any version of Windows (including Windows 7) as well as Linux as it does not use HTTP.sys. A WebSocket library that allows you to make WebSocket connections as a client or to respond to WebSocket requests as a server. You can safely pass around a general purpose WebSocket instance throughout your codebase without tying yourself strongly to this library. This is the same WebSocket abstract class used by .net core 2.0 and it allows for asynchronous Websocket communication for improved performance and scalability.

Hello rhubear,

Thank you for your post.

You can use that in your projects, but you'd need to get the actual .DLL file and move it into the Custom folder in the NinjaTrader user folder along with any dependencies. You'd then need to add a reference to it and then you'd be able to use that in your projects.

Here's a link to a thread on the forums here that goes into a little more detail on adding an external DLL you've gotten from nuget:

What is the proper way to include a 3rd party nuget package to NinjaTrader. I tried to add the nuget package in the standard visual studio manner by adding

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tnx for quick reply. Will get DLL into Ninja & get back to with further questions. :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920