Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Broker auto reconnects after daily restart

Hello!

Before update 8.0.23.0, when I lost connection with IB at 12:30 am, NinjaTrader would automatically reconnect. When IB Gateway restarted according to the schedule, Ninjatrader remained disconnected and I had to manually reconnect it.

Now, with update 8.0.23.0, I have to manually reconnect it at 12:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Do I have to do anything special in the configuration to having the feature #14510 :
    "Interactive Broker auto reconnects after daily restart
    Both Traders Workstation and Gateway connections will now auto reconnect after their daily restart."

I am using IB Gateway Build 978.2c.

Thanks for your help!

Hello Acrux,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2841473 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to let know to others (because I receive privates messages), I resolved this with a rollback to 8.0.22.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Acrux View Post
        Just to let know to others (because I receive privates messages), I resolved this with a rollback to 8.0.22.2.
        Thank you for this info

I was thinking of doing a roll back too for a quick fix until NT devs fix the problem.

how did you do a rollback ? just install over using the 8.0.22.2 install file or do we have to do a full uninstall and install ?

Edit : nevermind the install file is asking for a full uninstall to do a rollback to an older version
        Last edited by qewcool; 12-23-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

1- Backup
          2- Uninstall
          3- Install 8.0.22.2

The database need to be erase, so you will lost your historical data.

Comment

I can also confirm that rolling back to NT 8.0.22.2 fixed this problem for me too.

Comment

The issue of 8.0.32.2 with 978.2c is that, once 978.2c restarts successfully, GW to IB reconnection is established (no matter how long it has been taken) and API client is connected (GREEN) as reported under GW,
              8.0.32.2 still RED for the GW connection.
              This is dead end to me as I do not find a way to signal NT8 to make a RECONNECTION to GW (without first "disconnect"). The only choice is to Disconnect (even though it's RED, ie, not connected) and this damage all the strategies running! If it's RED (not connected), how come the only choice is to disconnect? What a logic!

Comment

Hello timko,

Thank you for the feedback.

If you write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, we would be happy to look into this item further with you.

When you do so, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
                Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes