Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy error for Sell stop limit order

hello,

I have developed a strategy in Strategy Builder which includes the placement of a sell stop limit order under some circumstances. When I run the strategy live and when the current price is away from the sell stop limit order that is submitted I am getting the attached error. I am aware that the order isn't possible to execute (since it's way off) but what is the purpose of the error? Should it just remain active or canceled / replaced by the next one? Why I am getting an error notification?

thanks
    Attached Files

Hello space_trader,

The error is stating that a sell stop limit order was submitted with the stop price above the current bid.

Sell stop prices must be below the bid. Buy stop prices must be above the ask.

This error will also occur if you place a manual order on the wrong side of the market on the superdom.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello and thanks for the reply,

Is there any way this error notification can be ignored other than clicking OK? I run a strategy unattended and NT crashes, after receiving too many error notifications like those.

Comment

Hello space_trader,

There are no supported methods to disable order error messages. These are important to display the user as they may be orders intended prevent loss.

It would be recommended that the logic in the script be corrected to ensure that prices for the stop are on the proper side of the market, above the ask for buy stop orders, below the ask for buy limit orders, below the bid for sell stop orders, and above the bid for sell stop limits.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM