Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking charts

Hello
    im gonna try to explain it as best as I can... so I want to backtest something and to do so I need to have several different charts open (5min/2000tick/1h/30minTPO)
    my question is... is there any way to link them together so when I’m scrolling down one chart rest of them follow so when I find something on 5m chart rest of them will be in a same time and date so I don’t have to scroll down on every chart separately to find exactly the same spot?

Hello rudyspurs,

Thank you for your post.

You could use the Global Cross Hair to link Cross Hairs from multiple chart windows. This means that as you move the Global Cross Hair in one chart, all other Global Cross Hairs will move together by automatically staying at the same time and price.

Left mouse click on the Cursor icon in the chart toolbar and select the Global menu item.

If the active Global Cross Hair moves outside the viewable horizontal range of any other chart with Global Cross Hair enabled, the horizontal axis in the inactive charts will automatically scroll to keep aligned with the active cursor. If you wish to use the Global Cross Hair with time-axis scrolling disabled, you can select Global (No Time Scroll) from either the chart toolbar or the Crosshair menu. With Global (No Time Scroll) selected, the cursor icon within the chart toolbar will display a cross hair with a round border.

Here is the Cross Hair Help Guide to assist you further with this feature.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      Is it possible (and if it isnt possible please add a request for this) to have the price linked as well as the time.

If I am scrolling through one chart and all charts are scrolling, great but I come to look at the other TF charts and the price is miles away. If I press the F button usually because of other indicators or for ever reason the bars are now super small. So I have to spend time lowing the price range whilst not losing the bars.

Be easier if the time and the price is followed on every global chart.

Maybe Im missing something obvious that enables this.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post f.saeidi  
      Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
      4 responses