Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Functionality on Multi Monitor Setups With Windows Task Bars On Every Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Functionality on Multi Monitor Setups With Windows Task Bars On Every Monitor

Ever since the first NT8 beta I have experienced a problem where NT8 fails to recognize the presence of a task bar on the non primary monitors. This has happened with both Windows and 3rd party multi monitor task bars. This has been a reported a number of times over some years on this forum. Whenever I maximize a chart on the non primary monitors it overwrites the task bar and is the only program I have that does that. Is there a plan to finally fix this issue as it becomes extremely annoying having to manually size NT8 charts on 6 monitors?

Hello FMTrader,

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello FMTrader,

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.
      Thanks in advance for your patience.
      Please read the 25 postings in the attached link!
      You will see that SFT-2294 was raised in April 2019 on this topic.(posting #10)!
      You will also see that in posting #13 there is a reference to a feature request being also raised in May 2017!

Surely there is no need to raise a 3rd feature request on the same topic?

Ever since the early NT8 beta days I have experienced the problem where a maximized chart window overwrites the taskbar on the non primary monitors. I am

Comment

Thank you for letting me know. I will forward your vote for SFT-2294.

Comment

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ing-window-bug

Don't want to sound rude, but after being being a Ninjatrader customer and reading here on the forums for a longer period and experiencing various stuff, I am curious if such feauture requests are forwarded to the dev team or to an internal dummy recycle bin. That's the impression raised after reading this thread.

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Feature requests are sent to business development. They categorize them and provide us an internal tracking number which we then provide to the client.

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
              Ever since the first NT8 beta I have experienced a problem where NT8 fails to recognize the presence of a task bar on the non primary monitors. This has happened with both Windows and 3rd party multi monitor task bars. This has been a reported a number of times over some years on this forum. Whenever I maximize a chart on the non primary monitors it overwrites the task bar and is the only program I have that does that. Is there a plan to finally fix this issue as it becomes extremely annoying having to manually size NT8 charts on 6 monitors?
              Are we ever going to see a time when NT8 windows behave like any other windows programs and not overwrite the task bars on multi monitor setups? I use the standard win 10 multiple display taskbar setup and have 6 monitors. On every monitor with the exception of the default primary monitor the charts will sit over the top of the task bar if the chart is maximized. A similar thing happened when I tried a third party multi monitor task bar.
              I am running the very latest incarnation of win 10 and recently upgraded to a high spec i9 PC only to find that the problem has carried over from my old PC. NT8 is the only program on my PC that does this! Will this problem also carry over to win 11?

Comment

It is present on the list of possible future improvements. Unfortunately I don't have information if or when it will be implemented. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

I wish to upvote resolution.

Comment

This and every other similar needs calling out for what it is.
                    It is a bug fix. This whole ‘Feature request’, assign it an ID is nonsense and is simply a way of obfuscating that bugs such as this are sidelined with the excuse that it is up to Business Development to prioritise the development and introduction of a ‘new Feature’. It is not the case - it is bug that Ninjatrader has failed to fix in years.

’twas ever thus

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have added a vote on your behalf.
                      Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                      0 responses