8.0.23.0 Market Replay still bad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.23.0 Market Replay still bad....

ES only, Using Historical mode, data downloaded from Kinetick, 1x, replay *not started* yet,
    when the slider is set to certain time:
    1. all charts are in Calculating mode ->forever!!! NT8 seems hung up, CPU activity =0
    2. the Playback panel grays out, same as in 8.0.22.2. In 8.0.22.2, the playback runs but in 8.0.23.0, nothing is running
    3. disconnect the Replay, system generates Unhandled exception error.
    4. connect to Replay again, Replay panel does not show up.

Force quit NT8, connect to Reply
    1. NT 8 generates unhandled exception (thrown by the target of an invocation)

1x start, when the slider is set to certain time,
    2. NT 8 generates unhandled exception (thrown by the target of an invocation) and stops playing
    3. Plays okay but when to set time again, all charts forever calculating
    4. disconnect Replay and reconnect, Playback panel shows up but grayed out, all charts forever loading

It's quite disappointing see such a humble function cannot be fulfilled, even after all these years that NT8 is on the market...

Hello timko,

Can you please tell me how you get to the certain time. Am I correct you manually move the time slider? If you right click in the Playback control window and select "Go To" and then select the desired time/date, do the charts update as expected?

How many ES charts do you have opened in total? Do you have any workspaces opened in the background? If you test this with only 1 ES chart opened, are you able to reproduce the issue?

What start and end dates do you have selected? Could it be it spans a large period? When I test it on my end using a start and end date that capture 1 week, I can't reproduce so far. I have 3 ES charts opened and moved the trend slider manually as well as using the "Go To" function.

In addition, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Attn Jason, 2843750
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Jason,
      thanks for your follow up!
      1. i used both the time slider and Goto. Goto is more precise and starts from the set time. Somehow, like the slider, it then generates an unhandled exception thrown by the target of an invocation and stops. I can continue the replay by clicking the Play button though. So it's ok, not perfect but at least I can continue without having the charts forever in Calculating mode...
      2. I have a few ES charts, 5m, 15m 60m and daily, no with workspace opened. Same if there's one chart...
      3. selected dates span only 3 days. Nov 10 to 12th
      Jason, I am not sending you any trace files. Instead, could you let me know how to clean up the Replay files (such as temporary files, etc)? I suspect my system hangs generated some orphaned files and makes Replay to generate the exception.

Comment

Can you please proceed as follows.
        • Shut down NinjaTrader
        • Navigate to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db
        • Cut and paste the "tick" folder to your desktop (this folder contains all historical tick data).
        • Delete the cache folder that is within the db folder.
        Start NinjaTrader and download new historical tick data from Kinetick. Check if you can replay it without error.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the guide. will try later!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888