Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price on Front

Hello,
    I started use your full version of NT8 and I do have all setup well, just having two issues:

1)
    I am used to having Price Bars (candlesticks) on the Front, i.e. all the lines and indicators I tend to always have Under the Prices Bars (since I have them as less important). While I am aware of the "clicking on the bars + holding shift + scroll with mouse" to change the order and have Price Bars on the most Front, the issue is that any time I create new Line (or any object) (or modify it), the Price Bars goes instantly to a background - and when I do have like 60+ layers, I need every time when I draw something on a chart, to manually put a Price Bars First at front which is very annoying. Please, how can I change it?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

By default, the newest created objects will be on top of all previously created objects on a chart, so unfortunately, this type of functionality is not available by default and would need to be custom coded. You can change the Drawing Objects to have a specific Z Order in the code this way.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
      That part you mention I do understand and respect. In upper post I was not able clearly address my issues I guess.
      Example: Let's say I created 20+ drawing objects on my Charts, and naturally, all these 20+ object going to up front, ahead of actual Price Bars. Yes, that's completely understandable. Now I manually hit the Price and by Shift + Scroll will put Price Bars first, while leaving all the Drawing object behind it. Up here all good, but here's where issues comes: Once I manually put all Object behind the price, it WON'T stay in that way. IF I Adjust one single Line or Create a new Drawing Object, then my Price Bars goes into very Back and ALL the Drawing objects (not just newly created) will be again Ahead of my Prices Bars, i.e. ahead of them and I need to again manually go over these 20+ layers to put it up front.

I hope I made myself clear, thanks a Lot. I suppose that can be addressed and resolved easily, as it behavior is not logical and it was not happening at all with NT7 (there it worked exactly as you suggest - only new object were ahead of price bars, but not all of them, once made new object or edited the remaining one).

Comment

As additional question, please, is it possible to Adjust the "Profile width (%)" of a Order Flow Volume Profile, that is Manually Drawn from Drawing Objects? As for All other types of Order Flow Volume profile we can in the menu Adjust the WIDTH of actual profile, but for VP Profile that is Drawn manually, that Functionality is not there.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the Volume Profile drawing tool, since this is based on the selected candles, it displays according to the region selected and can't be manually scaled to a smaller size against the selected candlesticks.

Regarding your initial request, that does not sound expected so I suspect there may be something else occurring. On my end, the Data Series does not move to the back on the creation of a new line that was placed in front of other lines.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2845073 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Marco, thank you so much for Response. I spend some more time with it and I wanna ask you in this regard:
            You say " the Data Series does not move to the back on the creation of a new line that was placed in front of other lines." and that is Correct. But please, try to double click on the line and change the "Anchor Y" to have there different price, then hit OK <- in THAT instance, the Data Series moves automatically to the back and all the Other (also older) lines goes Ahead.
            That's the issue I was trying to describe and it's annoying.

Thanks for patience.

Comment

Hello 00deluxe00,

Thank you for your note.

I tried to recreate that behavior but was unable to; please test your system with a single workspace open and an individual chart; please follow the directions below.
              • From the Control Center>> Workspaces>> hover over each workspace that is open indicated by a green or gray rectangle>> Click close.
              • Please Save desired workspaces as you go if you made changes that are unsaved.
              • When you have closed all workspaces in NinjaTrader 8, an untitled workspace will appear at the bottom. It is ok to leave this workspace open.
              Please follow the directions below to open a blank chart.
              NinjaTrader 8
              • From the Control Center>> New >> Chart.
              • In the instrument drop-down, enter ES 12-20.
              • At the right-hand bottom corner under templates, drop-down choose blank.
              • Click Ok.
              Please test and write back after closing the workspaces and having a single chart open.

I look forward to your reply.
              Paul G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
              1 response