NT 8 crashes with "unhandled exception" after upgrade to 8.0.23.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 crashes with "unhandled exception" after upgrade to 8.0.23.1

Everything was running fine but after the upgrade it crashes upon launching and then dies. I can't even access the app to do any debugging. A small window pops up and says "Unhandled Exception. The type initializer for Module threw an exception". What do I do now?

Hello cashinvestor,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2846953" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi All ,

Also me too ,I have problem with NT8 Version 8.0.23.1 .After I upgraded I can not run some of adds-on on the chart ? What can I do ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

What errors do you receive regarding these add-ons? Have you reached out to the vendor for assistance on their software?

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
          Hello,

What errors do you receive regarding these add-ons? Have you reached out to the vendor for assistance on their software?
          There isn't have seen anything on the screen ,just name of the adds-on.And It was working with previous version of NT8
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

As a first step, I would try a new chart and perhaps reinstalling the add-ons. Beyond that, I would recommend contacting the developer as there may be an update/new version that is required.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
            Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
              Hello,

As a first step, I would try a new chart and perhaps reinstalling the add-ons. Beyond that, I would recommend contacting the developer as there may be an update/new version that is required.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
              I re-installed add-ons many times I contacted with developer he says contact with NT Technical support ) But nobody can solve my problem,Please Dear Masters fix my problem.

Comment

Hello Aly_Ay,

Hello ##CUSTOMERFIRST##,

Thank you for the update.

This typically indicates that the issue is not with NinjaTrader itself, but related to some third party items you have installed.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
                • Shut down NinjaTrader
                • Launch NinjaTrader in Safe Mode
                  • Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
                    • Loading workspaces.
                    • Connecting on start-up.
                    • Loading custom assemblies.
                    • Getting instrument updates from the server.
                  • To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
                    • Exit NinjaTrader.
                    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
                    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
                    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
                • Create a new workspace and name it what you wish then click SAVE to save that workspace.
                • Close any other open Workspaces without saving them (saving over them will remove any custom indicators.) by going to the workspaces Menu in the Control Center, hovering over the workspaces you have open (with a green or grey icon next to them) and clicking the close option that appears.
                • Close and reopen NinjaTrader normally.

This should open the platform with your new clean workspace only.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
                • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
                • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
                • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
                • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes.

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
                Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes