Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Performance Metric

Hello,

I have read several forum posts about creating Custom Performance Metrics, but none of them seem to address the issue I'm having. Since there are no screenshots in the NT8 guide, I'm not sure where I should even be looking to see the custom metric. I'm guessing it should be showing in the Strategy Analyzer in the Summary pane as well as the other panes (Trades, Executions etc) for both Backtest and Optimization. However, in that case I would expect to see SampleCumProfit since it's part of the core files, and I am not seeing that either. I've tried copying SampleCumProfit and renamed it, but that doesn't show. I've tried using the examples shown on this forum but those don't show. I've gone into the Editor and created a new Performance Metric and clicked through the screens until I got to Finish/Generate and populated the overrides as shown in several examples.

I've made sure to us the Format override as well, but if I'm not even seeing the SampleCumProfit it would seem the issue is not my copies but something else.

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place or misunderstanding how a custom performance metric is designed to behave. It would be very helpful if the documentation was updated to be more thorough for that topic.

Thank you!
    Paul

Hello pdennis,

The performance metrics need to be enabled in the options menu before they will be displayed, have you done that for the sample and for your own metric?

Tools -> Options -> click on the Custom Performance Metrics property.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ahh thank you Jesse! Sorry about that, definitely a palm-to-forehead moment

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post i019945nj  
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post TraderBCL