Market data stop update suddenly after upgrade to 8.0.23.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market data stop update suddenly after upgrade to 8.0.23.1

My connection is IB and I notice twice times that market data suddenly stop update, the chart stop update so does the strategy, but Ninja trader shows green connection with IB,
    I happened to see one time that ninjatrader connection turned to red when IB's gateway try to recover the connection to server and after that, connection turn to green, the chart stop working, so I assume the second time was the same situation, it didn't happen in the previous version 8.0.22.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of Gateway are you using?
    • Does this occur at a specific time each day? Or just the two times you've mentioned? When did this most recently occur?
    • Does this also occur if you use TWS 978.2c? Here is a direct download link:

Comment

I followed the solution in this thread https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...o-stop-working to workaround IB's daily restart, IB 973-2 gateway + Ninjatrader 8.0.22 it's worked fine until the upgrade.

the first time was about the noon, I didn't catch the moment, when I noticed, the last bar on the chart was an hour ago(I had 2 strategies at the time in 2 timeframes, 15m and 30m), the last time was around 1 hour before the US market open, and this time I was in front of the computer, and it's the one I described in the first post.

after reading your response, I've tested 2 more scenarios
      1. upgrade the gateway to the latest 978.2i, then modify the auto restart setting to see if ninjatrader could handle it. surprisingly it's not. the connection in Ninjatrader turn to red and never came back to green, data stop to update. from the gateway's point of view, it shows 1 client connected.

2. install the version from your link, and do the same test, it worked! Ninjatrader was able to handle TWS's restart and reconnected to it, the connection backed to green.

so it seems to me that there's something wrong between IB gateway and Ninjatrader.

Comment

Hello jchien1113,

Thank you for that information.

This is likely caused by the version of Traders Workstation you're using on your machine, or that the version is configured incorrectly.

Using Interactive Brokers as a connection with NinjaTrader 8 requires a specific version of Traders Workstation (TWS) to be installed and running on your computer (version 978.2c). Using NinjaTrader 8 with any other version of the TWS platform will result in unexpected behavior as these versions are not supported.

I would recommend removing the current version of TWS and following the link below to install the correct version.
        For your reference, the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
        Please let me know if you need additional assistance.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I just saw the third time with TWS 978.2c, when I saw it, the market data has stop to update for 2 hours and the connection is showing bright GREEN.
          I decide to fallback the the previous version 8.0.22 until you guys figure out what's wrong in the new version.

Comment

Hello jchien1113,

Thank you for that information.

As you're using Interactive Brokers as a data feed, you may be running into a pacing violation with them, which occurs when requesting too much historical data from their feeds. For more information on this please see the link below:Unfortunately this error message comes from IB and informs you that you requested too much historical data, to resolve this issue please close any additional open workspaces and streamline the amount of instruments you're requesting data for.

Please let me know if I may assist you further.
            Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes