Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Interactive Brokers accounts

hi,

I currently use the free NinjaTrader platform option but I consider upgrading to the lease option to be able to trade live with IB. My question is, can I connect 2 or more different IB accounts on the same NinjaTrader platform and trade on a single license? I want to use different Strategies on NinjaTrader that will trade on different IB accounts simultaneously.

thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I can confirm that linked Interactive Brokers accounts are not officially supported in NinjaTrader 8.

With that said, you can connect multiple supported Interactive Brokers accounts to NinjaTrader. To set this up please see the instructions below.

In order to do this you must manually start Trader Workstation (TWS) multiple times for each account first, then connect with NinjaTrader since the auto startup functionality does not work with multiple logins.
    • Manually start TWS from the desktop. If you have two accounts start TWS up twice with each account logged in.
    • When TWS has started, Click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value.
    • Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username.
    • Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account so each account has a unique port value.
    • In your NinjaTrader connection for this account, match the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.
    • Connect in NT using File > Connect, you will do this twice for both account connections.

Here is the Interactive Brokers connection guide:

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have an additional question for this matter.
      Is the auto-reconnect feature working with both TWS applications? I know there are issues with IBG but shout that also work (theoreticly) with IBG?
      Thanks,
      Klaus

Comment

Hello,

Currently there is an ongoing issue with IB disconnecting overnight and failing to reconnect, though it is intermittent and infrequent. We are still isolating to cause of this behavior at the moment.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,
          thanks for the message. I am aware of these issues. The question is: Will the reconnect work for two accounts if the connection issues are resolved? I am aware that NT does not support linked accounts.
          Or do you recommend to set up a second NT environment on a different computer?
          Thanks,
          Klaus

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

If you are using two instances of TWS for the separate accounts, these should both attempt to reconnect.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes