futures continuous data indicator on floor hours chart - is it possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

futures continuous data indicator on floor hours chart - is it possible

i've set up a hull ma with bollinger bands that i like based on a continuous 30min chart.
    the indicator calls/loads the 30min data so i can run the indicator on any time volume or other candle type chart
    i've been given a setup for the 5min floor hours charts that i really like but i would really like to move my 30min continuous hma to the floor hour chart. i can certainly tolerate the stair-step that would happen between closes and opens since i've grown accustom to the stair-step nature of a 30min indicator on a volume candle chart.

i'm just using the basic dataseries call to load the 30min within the indicator

else if (State == State.Configure)
    {
    AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.Minute, 30);

is there a way when on a (TradingHours=CMEUSIndexFuturesRTH) chart to load the (TradingHours=CMEUSIndexFuturesETH) data for the indicator and have it plot when the floor hours chart is plotting but using the 30min continuous data with the inevitable plot jump between close and open...

thanks,
    w

Hello stafe, thanks for writing in.

There are several overloads for AddDataSeries that accept a trading hours template name:

Code:
    AddDataSeries(string instrumentName, BarsPeriod barsPeriod, string tradingHoursName)
    AddDataSeries(string instrumentName, BarsPeriod barsPeriod, string tradingHoursName, bool? isResetOn NewTradingDay)
    AddDataSeries(string instrumentName, BarsPeriod barsPeriod, int barsToLoad, string tradingHoursName,  bool? isResetOnNewTradingDay)

e.g. for a 30 minute series of ETH session:

Code:
    BarsPeriod bp = new BarsPeriod { BarsPeriodType = BarsPeriodType.Minute, BarsPeriodTypeName = "30MinBars", Value = 30 };
    AddDataSeries("ES 12-20", bp, "CME US Index Futures RTH");
    Please let me know if I may provide any further information.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply i would have never found my way to that solution - i'll give it a whirl.

happy thursday holiday

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      168 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80  
      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes