Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter 2 Stop Market Orders OCO

Goal:

Trade 1: On 21 EMA Go long if market crosses up + 5 ticks (Market is currently below EMA 21 so order has to be a buy stop market)
    OR
    Trade 2: On 50 EMA Go short if market crosses under - 5 ticks (Market is currently above EMA 50 so order has to be a sell stop market)

If Trade 1 gets executed I want Trade 2 cancelled and vice versa.

I tried using OCO order in the trade panel but when I enter Trade 2 I get

Error "You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until any of its entry orders has been filled."

Is this possible using Ninja? I can code this in a strategy but wanted to see if it was already built in?

Last edited by bc24fl; 11-30-2020, 12:30 PM.

Hello bc24fl,

Thank you for your post.

You likely have the ATM strategy still selected and the platform is attempting to scale into this strategy. By default the platform will scale into or out of an active strategy, when one is active (a lightning bolt icon next to the strategy name in the ATM drop down menu) this is based off of your default ATM strategy selection mode.

When you placed the limit order with the ATM strategy selected, the ATM was activated, however since your entry position hasn't been filled it's not possible to scale in or out of your target and stop loss orders respectively.

To place a new order you can select the ATM strategy template you'd like to apply to that order (with the "i" icon next to it) and place your new order with a new set of ATM orders attached.

If you would like to change this default behavior you may do so by changing the Atm Strategy Selection Mode in the properties of your order entry window.

For more information on ATM strategy selection modes, please visit the link below:

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I set the ATM Strategy to None and it allowed me to do it but how can I do it with an ATM Strategy. I wanted both orders to have profit and loss orders if they become active? Also, I noticed that OCO was still selected after I created the 2nd order. Do I go in and uncheck OCO manually or leave as is? Is it still enabled because I can continue making OCO orders (like have 3 orders) ?

Comment

Hello bc24fl,

Thank you for your reply.

If you wish to add a two opposing entry orders that are linked with their own atm strategies please follow these steps:
        • In the ATM Strategy drop down menu, set it to The strategy you'd like to use for your first resting order.
        • Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and enable OCO order placement by selecting the menu "OCO Order"
        • Then place a an entry order above or below the market.
        • In the ATM Strategy drop down menu, set it to The strategy you'd like to use for your second resting order.
        • Then place a an entry order on the opposite side of the market.
        • Then right click again and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable the OCO order placement
        • Now you have a target and a stop placed protecting your open position, and when one of these orders is filled the other will be canceled automatically.
        NOTE: It is critical that you disable OCO before submitting another OCO group.

To add an ATM strategy to an unprotected open position, please follow the steps below.
        • Select the Positions tab of the Control Center.
        • Right click on the position.
        • Select Apply ATM Strategy and then select the desired ATM.
        • Now your position will have ATM applied to it.

For more information on OCO orders in NinjaTrader 8, please visit the link below:

Below I've provided more information about ATM strategies in NinjaTrader:Below I have provided a link to the ATM 201 & 301 recorded trainings from our publicly available YouTube channel.

Below I have provided links to the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail sections of our help guide.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM