Using Alerts on Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Alerts on Charts

Is there a way to set an alert condition on a chart without it disappearing when going to another instrument.

It appears alerts are only allowed one per chart instrument and that if i scroll to other stocks, i need to use tabs.

Hello hdge4u, thanks for writing in.

For the alert to stay active you must leave the configured data series on the chart. You would need to use either multiple tabs on the chart or configure a Market Analyzer alert to separate your alerts from charts.

Please let me know if I can provide any further information.

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Today i had a chart alert setup up where if the "typical" price is [less equal] the drawn object's line; submit a market ATM order. the alert was Enabled since 1045AM today and did not execute as i was on other workspaces. Upon returning around 230pm I slightly moved the drawn object and kept the screen active, the alert fired as intended with a little adjusting. Please advise. because i want to be confident that if the correct drawn element is specified, the chart alert will execute.

Also, is there a way to create a chart alert template, so i dont have to configure a chart alert every time?
      Is there a way to run an automated strategy against an entire list, or is the strategy limited to one instrument per instance?

Comment

Hello hdge4u, thanks for your reply.

An active alert will still trigger even if the workspace is not active. What is the rearm type of the Alert? I usually set alerts to re-enable on the bar close. Please also confirm that the alert was enabled at the time the price crossed. The most likely scenario is that the alert was simply not active.

I look forward to hearing from you.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response