historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical data

I am in simulation mode & I noticed when I download certain historical data days to simulate my trades the day tends to end early because the tick counter stops counting down (it freezes even though the clock is still ticking). What is the reason for that? It doesn't happen very often but I am curious though

thanks

Hello tcea9,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-20, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • What is the 'Trading Hours' template that is applied to the chart? (This may be found in the 'Data Series' window under Time frame)
    • Is 'Break at EOD' enabled on the chart? (This may be found in the 'Data Series' window under Time frame)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    I look forward to assisting you further.

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

- version is 8.0.22.2 64-bit
      - its just a green light, doesn't say anything. it is a playback connection if that helps
      - ES 12-20
      - 2000 tick
      - for trading hours it just says 'use instrument settings'
      - break at EOD is enabled
      - no errors

Comment

Hello tcea9,

Thank you for providing that information.

I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        If you change the 'Trading Hours' setting from it's current value to the 'Default 24/5' or 'Default 25/7' template, did you continue to experience the same behavior?

Comment

Ok, I will install the new version & will use the 'Default 25/7' option on trading hours. We will see if the behaviour continues. Like I said it doesn't happen very often so it might be a while before I noticed if the change worked or not. Also, is there an option where I can be notified of updates?

thank you

Comment

Hello tcea9,

Thank you for your reply.

There are in-app update notifications that occur when major updates are released.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by puapwr, Today, 06:09 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post puapwr
            by puapwr

Started by franciscog21, Today, 05:27 PM
            0 responses