playback shows only current bar/candelstick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playback shows only current bar/candelstick

Im trying to load ES 12-20 into playback but it doesn't show me the data. If i take the time forward to specific point the result is a blank screen with no "backlog/history". Whatever i do or whatever date and time I put in it always starts at a blank chart. If I play it and let it run the data comes up normally and i can fast forward to desired point in time but its a hassle and before there was no need for the fast forwarding. Previous data loaded and chart setup was done in a minute. What am i doing wrong?

Hello constituyente,

Thank you for your post.

You would need to download the historical data for the dates you are replaying with the Playback connection. Market Replay does not back fill the charts unless you have that historical data in your database already.

To download historical data first make sure NinjaTrader is connected and historical data is available from your data provider.

1. In the Control Center, go to Tools > Import > Historical Data > Expand the Download menu

2. Select an instrument for data to be downloaded. (Tip: You may also select an instrument list)

3. Select the desired Start and End date range

4. Select the desired Intervals and Data Types

5. Press the "Download" button to begin the download

A message in the bottom right of the Historical Data Window will appear and display the status of the download.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi and thank you for the answer. I didn't make myself clear and Im sorry about that. I do have the historical data downloaded to my Playback feed. I go in and choose a date on the small Playback window, then i choose a specific time ("go to" button, usually 9AM) and then press play. The chart screen comes up blank but starts on the specified date and time. If i wait a couple of minutes the candlesticks starts to form and price levels forms on the sides. It doesn't show me anything backwards/history. But if i instead open the chart with playback and just fast forward the time to my desired position the data stays on the screen and with that of course the history or previous data that i'm looking for. This problem is new. Before i could use the playback feature and go to specific time and date no problem. When hitting play the candlestick and historical data started to load on the chart. It took a few seconds but no need of fast forwarding to that specific time.

Have a great day!!

Comment

Hello,

If you right click the playback controller, what option is selected for the 'playback from...' option?
        The new release had a change which will load historical data up to the selected time frame and start playback from there. This will increase the speed of changing times those who don't have scripts or strategies that need to process each data event as it comes in.

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        8 responses
        0 likes