Help please new here! Contact info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please new here! Contact info...

Hello everyone, sorry for the newbie questions but I'm new to the whole trading world and currently on the simulator and just trying to get my feet wet and figure out how things work. Currently running the MES and I don't understand how the contracts work...cost wise. Like my setup has 3 contracts and one runner. And I lost all of it and it cost me $40 but I don't understand how much each contact is costing or is it by the points I have them set at? Or a flat fee right off the top anyways win or lose? I have 3 set at one point and one runner around 8....and the stop at 2 points. Could someone pls explain how that all works to equal $40. Thanks in advance and sorry for ignorance.

I would highly recommend their YouTube channel, there is a lot of information out there about this stuff. I would go over that before even trying to trade

Comment

Originally posted by ahelton View Post
      I would highly recommend their YouTube channel, there is a lot of information out there about this stuff. I would go over that before even trying to trade
      Thanks I will definitely check it out....and yes I'm gonna take it slow before I jump in the real money trading I just wanted to try the simulation out. Just couldn't figure out the contracts it wasn't adding up. Thanks

Comment

Hello Raney2485,

I suggest to check the trade in the Trade Performance window.
        • Please go to Control Center-->New-->Trade Performance.
        • Set the dates so it includes the trade in question and click Generate.
        • Set Display to Trades
        You can now view entry & exit prices and profit. Please see the link below for more information regarding the Trade Performance window.

The MES futures has a point value of $5 or $1.25 per tick as it uses a tick size of 0.25.

Please feel free to post any additional questions you may have.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes