Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing Buy and Sell Stop Orders

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to quickly enter in a trade with some hot keys. I wanted to know if either of the two hot keys I'd like to be made are possible:

1. Hot Key that allows me to place a future entry order at the break of the high or low of the previous candle
    2. Hot Key that allows me to enter a trade where my crosshair is placed such as 'Shift + Left Click' to buy stop market and 'Alt + Left Click' to sell stop market

I know you can create a hot key for limit, market, etc orders, but I wanted mine for a specific criteria. I trade the /ES futures on a 500 tick chart and after 9:30 am, these candles only last about 10-15 seconds at most. I don't want to miss my desired entry point, so I'd like to be as fast as possible with my executions. The execution would take place as soon as a new candle opens and my entry would be 1 tick above the high or 1 tick below the low, for if I'm buying or shorting, of the previous candle. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Gabrielx77; 12-06-2020, 10:06 PM.

Hello Gabrielx77,

Unfortunately it is not possible to setup hot keys to submit orders as per these conditions.

You could submit the orders in the SuperDOM using one click. Please right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties. Enable 'Middle mouse button is stop market' and click OK. This way a middle mouse click will submit a stop market order in the SuperDOM. See the link below for instructions how to submit orders in the SuperDOM.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After an order without STOP is filled, how to quickly set a STOP?

Comment

Hello timko,

You can submit a stop limit or stop market order with one click in the SuperDOM. If 'Middle mouse button is stop market' is disabled, a middle mouse click will submit a stop limit order. If enabled, it will submit a stop market order.

If you have an open position and you wish to add a limit and stop order (OCO) to protect the position, please follow these steps:
        • In the ATM Strategy drop down menu, choose "none"
        • Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and enable OCO by selecting "OCO Order"
        • Then place a limit order where you want to exit at a profit
        • Then place a stop order where you want to exit at a loss
        • Then right click again and select "OCO Order" to disable the OCO order placement
        • Now you have a target and a stop placed protecting your open position, and when one of these orders is filled the other will be canceled automatically

To add an ATM strategy to an unprotected open position, please follow the steps below:
        • Select the Positions tab of the Control Center
        • Right click on the position
        • Select 'Apply ATM Strategy' and then select the desired ATM
        • Now your position will have ATM applied to it
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason!
          Can I do it on the chart? Visually by a line etc?

Comment

Hello timko,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to be sure that I am providing you with the accurate answer, are you asking if the 'Middle mouse button is stop market' option is available with Chart Trader?
            Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes