Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the VWAP indicator

Hello

I understand that there is a VWAP indicator available as part of the OrderFlow option. But before I shell the $ to buy the needed lifetime license, I am trying to look for any free VWAP indicator that I can put to test as part of my evaluating the NT platform (new to NT). I am effectively looking for a VWAP indicator (not looking for std dev bands, but just the intraday VWAP value per 1 minute bar) - that I can use to include in a custom strategy and backtest.

My searches so far yielded someone earlier this year linking to a VWAP indicator available for free on Ninjascripts but that link seems to no longer work. Any help would be super appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello srkbits,
    I am not sure why its removed from ecosystem. I am attaching it here so you can use it.
    Vwap8-(Volume-Weighted-Average-Price).zip

Comment

I'm not really sure why something as widely used a popular as VWAP isn't on the list of default indicators. Seems like it would greatly cut down on forum posts and confusion when people are getting started

Comment

ahelton

This is because VWAP will beat down all the default indicator (SMA....).

That's why ninjatrader did not agree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
          Hello srkbits,
          I am not sure why its removed from ecosystem. I am attaching it here so you can use it.
          [ATTACH]n1131387[/ATTACH]
          Thank you so much for your prompt response and this suffices for my current needs.

Comment

Hi,
            you can download a free VWAP indicator for NT8 here : http://www.trading-revealed.com/indi...r-ninjatrader/

Comment

Originally posted by backeyes View Post
              Hi,
              you can download a free VWAP indicator for NT8 here : http://www.trading-revealed.com/indi...r-ninjatrader/
              what is the name of this indicator? I imported it but could not find it in the list of the indicator. Thanks.

Comment

Hello Kay,
                It should be TRVwapBands, if you can't find it look for folder TradingRevealed. Hope it helps!

Comment

Hi Kinra, is that indicator you posted still good for NT8? I get a message saying that it an older version.

Comment

I can't say if it will work now as I am not using NT since a while now & numerous updates have been implemented so far. You need to check it on your own. If I remember correctly I last used it with NT 8 (8.0.23.1).

Comment

Hi. I purchased the TRVwapBands Pro. I imported into NT8. I cannot find in Indicators. However, I found that files under NT8/bin/Custom root directory. How can I load this indicator?

Thanks

Comment

Hello NiteHawk,

Thanks for your note.

Third-party indicators that are imported could be added to a chart by right-clicking on the chart, selecting 'Indicators' from the right-click menu, double-clicking on the indicator in the 'Available' section of the Indicators window, and clicking OK.

See this help guide page for more information about working with indicators on a chart: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Something you could consider is reaching out to the developers of the indicator directly for instructions on how to use their indicator.

Let me know if I may further assist.
                        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm going to sound like a crazy newb...which I am to Ninja, but I've been trading on thinkorswim, tradestation, tradingview and tradovate for years.

Anyway, everywhere else VWAP is measured from when the instrument opens (begins trading) for the day. In the case of, let's say /NQ, that would be 6pm EST each weekday (1800 hrs). This is, from what I've always understood, where the daily VWAP calc begins from (I'm not talking about intraday vwap that beings with RTH at 9:30am EST). Anyway, both of the vwap indicators linked to above seem to begin the calcs for vwap at midnight EST...and there are no settings available to change this.

Am I missing something? I sure would appreciate some guidance here because vwap is very important to me and I was somewhat astonished to find that it wasn't a simple standard indicator with Ninja.

Thanks much!

Comment

Hello rkennedy608,

Thanks for your note.

The NinjaTrader Order Flow VWAP indicator comes as part of our Order Flow+ premium features package which is available with the purchase of a Lifetime License Key.

See this License Comparison guide for more detail: https://ninjatrader.com/LicenseComparison

I cannot say how the indicators attached by community members above function since they are not the Order Flow VWAP indicator that comes with the purchase of a Lifetime License Key.

That said, this forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on the VWAP indicators attached above in this thread.

Let me know if I may further assist.
                            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
                              Hello srkbits,
                              [ATTACH]n1131387[/ATTACH]
                              thank you so much thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Pattontje  
                              Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                              17 responses