Rithmic: Yellow connection state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic: Yellow connection state

Hello, I upgraded a few minutes ago to the latest version that was release couple weeks ago and apparently "14717 - Fixed - Rithmic - Resolved a scenario that prevented connecting and resulted in an 'account already exists' error" but, it didn't work. I am still unable to connect to my Rithmic account with NinjaTrader.... R|Trader Pro is connected right now so it's not an issue with the account, no creds issue either because using the same config and new config copying and pasting the creds form notepad to avoid any special character... tried to contact Rithmic support but, there is nothing they can do since, its Ninja the one that is not working properly.

Also, prior the upgrade I was using the release that you mentioned in the previous post 8.0.22.0 and the connection was dropping constantly even without the plugin selected and during an operation (stressful situation) and was no Internet issue on my side since my browser and Thinkorswim tool were working with no issues.

Please, advise how to troubleshoot this connectivity issues, the last time that it worked I was connected to the endpoint "hds-us-nt-002.ninjatrader.com/31655"

To clarify, you're receiving an error during connection/after you've been connected which states "account already exists"? If so, this is only tangentially related to the original topic you posted under as a Rithmic connection inquiry. I've moved your post to its own topic to keep things organized and focused.

Does this symptom persist if you do not connect to your account is any other software or application?

Also, we've seen out-of-date add-ons be the culprit of this symptom as well. If you have add-ons installed, do you have the latest versions? Please reach out to all add-on providers to confirm and install the latest version of their software which is compatible with the latest version of NinjaTrader.

Comment

No, I am unable to connect at all, just stays trying to connect to the Ninja endpoint and the connection is not successful, even I am using the latest version of Ninja Trader. Please advise

Comment

For your reference, the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage:What is the exact message you're receiving when attempting to connect? Please provide a screenshot or quote it verbatim.

Was this connection functioning previously? Or has it never worked?

Does this symptom persist if you do not connect to your account is any other software or application? In other words, shut down R|Trader Pro and any other application connected to your Rithmic account then test the connection in NinjaTrader.

Also, we've seen out-of-date add-ons be the culprit of this symptom as well. If you have add-ons installed, do you have the latest versions? Please reach out to all add-on providers to confirm and install the latest version of their software which is compatible with the latest version of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ninjawaiting.PNG
Views:	1802
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1131450

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot. It seems like there is no message, just a yellow 'stuck' connection.

Please answer the rest of my questions. Addressing all of my questions/statements in a single post will ensure we can move forward quickly and accurately:
            • Does this symptom persist if you do not connect to your account is any other software or application? In other words, shut down R|Trader Pro and any other application connected to your Rithmic account then test the connection in NinjaTrader.
            • Also, we've seen out-of-date add-ons be the culprit of this symptom as well. If you have add-ons installed, do you have the latest versions? Please reach out to all add-on providers to confirm and install the latest version of their software which is compatible with the latest version of NinjaTrader

Comment

Does this symptom persist if you do not connect to your account is any other software or application? In other words, shut down R|Trader Pro and any other application connected to your Rithmic account then test the connection in NinjaTrader.

Yes

Also, we've seen out-of-date add-ons be the culprit of this symptom as well. If you have add-ons installed, do you have the latest versions? Please reach out to all add-on providers to confirm and install the latest version of their software which is compatible with the latest version of NinjaTrader

Yes

If I try my CQG account it's able to connect, the issue is just in Ninja when attempting to connect to the Earn2Trade Gauntlet with Rithmic data

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2869246 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Done, email sent

Comment

For any other users experiencing a yellow RIthmic connection, in this particular case, the property 'Plug-in mode for market data' was enabled in the connection. The solution here is:
                    • Disable this property
                      OR
                    • Download R|Trader Pro
                    • Open R|Trader Pro and enter your credentials into the 'Orders' user ID and password fields and the 'Market Data' user ID and password field
                    • Click on 'Allow plug-ins' (the text will be yellow when enabled)
                    • Click on 'Login'
                    • Within NinjaTrader, ensure 'Plug-in mode for market data' is enabled in the connection
                      • Control Center > Connections > Configure
                      • Select your Rithmic connection > Ensure 'Plug-in mode for market data' is enabled
                    • Connect within NinjaTrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920  
                    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes