Ninjatrader does not work with IB Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader does not work with IB Gateway

I set-up an IB Gateway connection and I can't receive real-time data. TWS works fine but I want to use IB gateway because it's less resource intensive. IB told me that the problem seems to be that NinjaTrader does not request properly data when connecting to IB Gateway, so it does not initialize real-time data. I'm able to load historical data, but I don't get any tick update in real time. Ask and bid both show 0. Worth noting that real time data did work one time this morning, but hasn't worked before or ever since.

Thank you

Hello amaltais,

Is the version of the installed IB Gateway 978.2c? If not, I would suggest downloading this version from our Connection Guide below:

While historical tick is not available through this connection, real-time tick data should arrive without issues, as long as you're subscribed to market data for this instrument.

If you already have the Gateway 978.2c installed and still encounter this error please forward your log & trace files to us, we can then best assess what is causing this.

To forward your files, please click on Help > Email Support from within NinjaTrader's Control Center.

To ensure your message is associated with your forum post, please also add the following note to it:

ATTN Manfred 2870054

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just did thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post RideMe
      by RideMe