Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New version has broken drawing object templates (BUG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version has broken drawing object templates (BUG)

Hello,

There are some drawing tools I save templates for. Notably, rays and lines, both the horizontal and general type. For rays, I have my chart 'attach to' in the template set to all charts. This is so that when I draw a line on 1 chart, it shows on all the others that have show global draw objects set. However, since the update, this no longer works. Even if I set it and store the template, it is not created globally. I have to click into the properties of every single line and set it manually. It's driving me mad. Please fix this in next release.

To replicate - Create a line, set it to 'all charts', save template as default. Create a new line, and it's visibility is that chart only.

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you very much for your message.

This setting was removed from our current NinjaTrader version to resolve an underlying issue.

We are tracking the interest in returning this feature under the feature request SFT-5153, to which I have added a vote on your behalf.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature to be returned too. I use it all the time

Comment

"We are tracking the interest in returning this feature"

This is not a new feature.This is a bug which has been introduced in the latest release. I cannot fathom why such an important part of the drawing tools has been dropped. Nothing mentioned in the released notes about this.

This almost makes the hotkeys (another important feature) almost pointless when you can't quickly draw a line across all charts without going into the properties!

PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!

Comment

Hello KISSOrderFlow and globalobjectspoweruser,

I've recorded the additional votes and brought this to the attention of our Development Team.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's a shame. So, they removed a valuable feature, rather than fix the issue! Geesh.... Seems kind of lazy, no? Please reconsider and add this feature back. Charting is a right pain without it.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post
              That's a shame. So, they removed a valuable feature, rather than fix the issue! Geesh.... Seems kind of lazy, no? Please reconsider and add this feature back. Charting is a right pain without it.
              I disagree. This isn't a shame. This is outrageous!

I dread to think what other critical features will be removed because it's deemed accepted to fix one bug by introducing another.

I am quickly losing confidence in Ninja Trader. I will not be recommending ANYBODY to purchases Ninja Trader until this is fixed.

Comment

I agree. Features should not be removed unless absolutely necessary, and when absolutely necessary, there should be notice and explanation in the change log. Please add my vote for SFT-5153.

Comment

Hmmm. This is a bit odd. Title caught my eye because I do same - use Drawing Tools Rays and Lines, save their Templates, attach to All Charts and use Hot Keys to access them.

I'm on 23.1 and everything is working 'as was'. i.e. I hit my HotKey for a Horizontal Line, it brings one up with my HL Custom Template settings applied and it appears across All Charts.

FWIW 'my' custom template settings are saved as the Default Template- Don't know about using Custom template settings that are not saved as Default

Hope the info may help.

To endorse the sentiments of others' points made - by way of 'kickback' at Ninja Development for this sort of thing and Support for how they manage it with Users-

Manfred confirms the change in behaviour others report is a wilful act by Development without notification (yet I don't seem to experience it).

So beleaguered Customers waste time and effort trying to figure out what the heck is going on as a result of a deliberate act without notification nor explanation....

In Ninjaspeak, this is what is excused with the term intended behaviour.

Comment

Hello.
                    I have the same problem, this was one of the features that was most noticeable in the ninjatrader and now it has been removed, I have several graphics open with the same instrument but in different time frames, now to draw a horizontal line or a rectangle I have work to quadruple, this it sucks when you have a scalper profile. Please review this situation in the next update.

Thanks

Comment

Hello All,

This item has been changed in the most recent release of NinjaTrader 8; version 8.0.23.2.

Drawing object templates now allow you to keep the 'Global' property within the template.

You can read more in the release notes below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?8_0_23_2.htm

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                      • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                      • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                      • Enter your license key and press Submit
                      • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
                      • Select 'Download'
                      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
                      Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                      Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view