License Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Key

I opened a simulated account in October. I now have a new computer and would like to transfer my account there with plans to fund a live account. I do not have access to the license key used on the simulated account. Please advise on how I can proceed with transferring my account to my new device.

Hello Traycee101,

Thank you for your post.

To transfer all of your accounts, workspaces, settings, connections, and custom add-ons, I would recommend creating a backup, transferring that file to your other PC then restoring settings after installing NinjaTrader. You can use a flash drive to transfer the backup file from one computer to the next.

Backup & Restore

Please follow these steps to create a Backup Archive:

1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Export and the menu item Backup File...

2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear

3. Select the items you wish to back up

4. Press the "Export" button

Now, copy the backup file to a flash drive or email it to yourself. This will ensure the backup file is available in the 2nd PC.

In the 2nd PC.

1. From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item

2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window

3. Press the "Restore" button

4. Select the items you wish to restore

5. Press the "Import" button

You will now be presented with a status bar indicating the estimated time and progress of the import.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Creating a Backup Archive

Restoring a Backup Archive

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do not have access to the license key. How can that be retrieved?

Comment

Hello Traycee101,

Thank you for your post.

The license key will be transferred to the new PC if you use the steps in my previous post without needing to know the key or do any extra steps.

If you want to enter your key in manually instead of using the steps to backup and restore. You would need to go to the NinjaTrader Control Center under Help -> License Key to see the key used in your original PC, and then enter the same key into the new PC under Help -> License Key.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

Is there a way to retrieve the License Key as I no longer have access to my old computer? Thank you.

Comment

Hello Traycee101,

Thank you for your post.

If you were using the default simulation key that comes preinstalled with NinjaTrader, I have included that key below. Please copy the license key provided below and paste it under the Control Center> Help> License Key:
            • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Please ensure that you have restarted NinjaTrader for the changes to be applied.

Comment

this is ridiculous process Ninja needs new UX designers its a terrible software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
              3 responses
              1 like
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn