Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which data provider works best for loading large amounts of historical data

Hello

I am new to NT and I am evaluating the right data provider I should use for trading US stocks. I have both TD and IB accounts - both of which offer varying degrees of historical data (as documented on NT). However I am seeing that it can take an inordinate amount of time to load up historical data that goes past a few days. For e.g. with TD, I am attempting to load 30 days of 1 min data and the chart has been loading for at least 30 minutes and no end in sight.

Is there any documentation on data provider performance in NT's ability to load historical data that goes beyond a few days?

Thanks!

Hello srkbits,

It should not take 30 minutes or longer to load 30 days of historical minute data. Can you please send me your log and trace file so I can investigate the issue.
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to "platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com"
    • Put 'Att Jason, 2875458' in the subject field of the email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    We don't have documentation on the performance of data feed providers in regards to loading large amount of data. It can take some time to load historical data depending on the amount. Historical data is divided in three types: daily, minute and tick. Historical tick data will take the longest to load.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. I have emailed you the information. Look forward to hearing back.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Davidtowleii